New Wings

SHE

“Agent Derek you had been assigned to a mission would you accept it?” the computer say in a robotic way. He hates it. He had told the chief to change it to a more human way. And what do he said? Absolutely nothing. Why? Because the chief hate him. Why? No one knows. Derek was the best on his job. No it even the chief was better. So why he hate him? Is he jealous of him? Maybe.

“What the heck is now?” he says calmly and softly. In another situation, he would have yelled. He would have said it loud enough to be heard in the other hotel room. He always speaks to massages like this that way, but this is different. He is in a hotel so he couldn’t yell.

 “The mission is easy. You will go to St. Jones. The high school is highly secure. But don’t worry the company will help you. There you would find Mr. James Harvey Cooper. You will socialize with him long enough to be his friend. He will be hosting a party soon.  There you will need to get to his father files. Dr. Phillip Harvey. He has been working with a company name “Xzone”. In his files there will be the project he has been working in. You will send it to the headquarters. There will also be the name of the company’s owner. You will delete him. Then you will tell the Dr to work with us, if not kill his family. So would you accept this mission?” The computer says.

“How much would they give?” he whisper to the computer softly so no one else could hear him.      

“50 million dollars.” The computer says “when you finish the money will be deposit to your bank account.”

“Okay I accept it.” he whispers.

“Terrific” the computer says “but Agent Derek there is one more thing.”

“What’s now?” he whispers angry. He hates this “buts” the messages always give him. They always mean the same, and it is: “We require your presence in the headquarters”.

 “We require your presence in the headquarters” the computer said. There it is. He hates going to the headquarters. It is a pain in the neck. He will have a talk to the chief. He hate him and now he have to talk to the man. He had preferred die. But that wasn’t the worse he will see the other Agents. Most of them hate him. Being the best have its consequences. The only thing there that helps is meet Jack. He is his best friend since he could remember. He is a little dumb, but he a great person. “A car will pass for you tomorrow at 8:00 am”. Then the message closes.

“Whatever” he whispers. At this point it doesn’t matter. At every angle he sees his life is a mess, even a dark hole without an exit would be better. First he was a lonely person, a rich guy, and a killer. So what could be worse (except the part of rich that good)? He hates his life. And sadly this one is the only one he has. That was the only good angle he could see. Thinking and knowing his life sucks make him ask himself “What could be worse?” Let’s say it is his spot of light. “I need a drink” he says.

He turns off the computer. It was easy and fast since the company has given him his own software. It is better then the other ones even Mac. Somehow the company has always the best technology. Maybe it is because the programmers and engineers that work there. And it was that, well they are very good at their work. Then he opens the door to hallway. It’s all painted of red and with an orange roof. They are paintings all over. Most off them seem to be old. For his taste of art they weren’t so bad, but there is one he likes, the paint represents the fall of the angels from heaven. He had always liked this type of religious painting.

When he got he saw down a huge party. He hates to be surrounded by people. So he preferred to go outside. It seems to be very cold outside so he run upstairs to get his sweater. It’s funny how someone could run to get a sweater because it’s cold, but can kill someone with just a door key. The sky is depressive. It seems like a storm is approaching. The only reason he get his jacket is to be in the rain. He loves the rain. Is the only place in which he feels safe. The wind blush his black hair to his face. Now he is also depressing as the day. He is wearing his black hair in his face, his black sweater, his skinny black jeans, and his black-white All-Star. He is so lonely. Always walking alone and more now that Christmas is close. He gets to the coffee in front the street. Nothing distinctive, casual in anyway. Name “Metal Bronze”. There are three tables made from black metal with a white cover, two sits in each table also made from black metal each one and an umbrella with a green cover too for rain or maybe sunny days.