Chapter 3

It was summer so she dressed appropriately for her technically first day of work, since yesterday was her orientation. She particularly liked the Duchess of Cambridge’s fashion style, so on this part of Europe, she decided to pick her fashion inspiration from the royals.

She wore a Gucci tweed dress and an inch heels and put her long hair down, assembling some twisted crown. It was one of the dresses she brought after her heartbroken-shopping when Troy called off their relationship.

“’atta girl.” Manghang puna ni Evy sa kanya ng makasabay niya ito sa elevator. Napangiti siya, dahil maganda pala ang kinahinatnan ng pag-ayos niya ngayong araw.

“You look good yourself.” Patudyong puna niya din dito. Bagay dito ang suot na short peplum dress.

“See that guy over there?” Anito and tinuro ang lalaking naka dark gray suit na kalalabas lang sa opisina ni Cameron. He looked a cleaner Zayn Malik, without Zayn’s famous stubbles.

“Yeah?”

“I’m out to seduce him. He’s Jacob, from Mr. Sonnenberg’s close circle of friends and a business partner in Greece.” Evy was giddy when he walked into their direction. Napapailing na lang siya ng sinundan ito ni Evy at in-offer ang kape na dala pala talaga nito para sa kamukha ni Zayn Malik.

Just when she settled on her workstation, biglang nag-ring ang telepono.

“Get in right now.” Ani Cameron sa kabilang linya.

Nagugulumihanang napatingin siya sa glass wall ng opisina nito na nasa gilid lang niya, with his office to open for all the world to see, and him seeing hers in the open. Napatingin siya sa relo and it was barely 7:30, surely hindi ang time-in ang problema nito or ikagagalit nito sa kanya, if ever. He wasn’t smiling and looks slightly mad.

Bad trip ba siya? Napa sign of the cross siya sa kaba bago kumatok sa opisina nito, pero nabuksan na nito iyon bago sa ikalawang katok niya, with a remote pa. He looked stressed out from his glass wall, aside from his handsome features showing off effortlessly. Tuluyan na siyang pumasok sa opisina nito. It was spotless aside from his tousled hair, pero bagay naman dito. Sana all gwapo sa magulong hairstyle.

“Almusal tayo?” Nakangising hirit niya bago pa ito magbuga ng apoy sa kung anuman ang ikinaiinis nito.

“You looked stressed Sir, I guess you had a rough start of the day. Don’t worry, your coffee is on me, but you should pay if you order more than coffee.” Hirit pa niya. Maganda pa naman ang mood niya dahil first official work day niya. She can’t let him just destroy it.

“There’s a coffeemaker in the pantry”. Anito na ikinasalubong ng kilay niya. But she decided against her want to fight him because he was clearly in the middle of stress.

“Sure, maliit na bagay. What’s your ratio of sugar and coffee?”

“Espresso with a splash of vanilla. Thank you.”

“On it, Sir.” Nakangiting wika niya rito.