Ch 1. New Life

No ones p.o.v

28 year old (Y/n) woke up early on a Monday morning and started to get dressed, she was moving out of her old Town for her new job as a science professor. She dressed in her favorite outfit and put on her (F/c) hoodie, placing her headphones around her neck for easy access.

The movers had arrived and started to put the boxes in the van when her bestie came up to see her off. "Hey girlie, your gonna come back and visit me right? " her best and pretty much only friend Tori said with a sad smile, a bit upset that (Y/n) was leaving.

"Obviously, you didn't think I'm just gonna abandon my bestie now did ya? " Y/n said with a soft smile as she went up and hugged her bestie, she was going to miss her so much.

Once everything was packed away in the moving van (Y/n) gave Tori one last hug before she climbed into her car, giving her a small wave as she drove off towards her new home.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓✨𝑆𝑘𝑖𝑝 𝑎 𝑓𝑒𝑤 ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑑𝑟𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔✨༓・*˚⁺‧͙

(Y/n)'s p.o.v

After a few hours of driving you finally arrived at my new home, pulling into the driveway and stepping out of you car with a slight smile as you took in your new home. You let out a breath as you walked inside the two story house, taking in every detail as you planned the layout in your head.

You went back outside just as the moving van had pulled into the drive way, you went over and started to grab one of your boxes when you felt a light tap on your shoulder. Turning around, you saw a woman with blonde hair and warm smile on her face.

"Hey, I'm Beth Smith. I live just across the street, I just wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood! " Beth smiled at you warmly with an extended hand, you took her hand and shook it with a small smile. "It's nice to meet you Beth, I'm (Y/n) (L/n) " You said as you released her hand.

"Would you like some help moving in? I'm sure my family wouldn't mind helping out " Beth asked with a smile on her lips, you slowly nodded, deciding to accept the help. Beth smiled widely and speed walks across the road to her house while you started to carry a box inside.

When you walked back out you saw Beth with her family next to her. "This is Jerry, my husband! " Beth said pointing to a man in a green shirt, she then pointed to two kids a slightly older teen girl in a pink tank top and a younger boy in a yellow shirt. "This is my daughter Summer and my son Morty! "

You smiled a bit and waved at them even though Summer was on her phone, at least Morty waved back with a smile. "It's nice to meet you all, my names (Y/n)! " You said softly, before you could say anything else an elder man came out of their garage and walked over with his hands in his white lab coat.

Your eyes immediately turned to him, his hair was a bit untamed and he looked slightly annoyed that he had to come over. He looked interesting to say the least, you could see what looked like some kind of alcohol mixed with saliva dripping down his chin.

"Oh and this is my father, Rick Sanchez. Dad this is (Y/n), our new neighbor! " Beth said as the man stopped next to Morty, taking out a flask and taking a sip before putting it away. Your eyes raked over his body as you took in every detail of the man, once your eyes landed back up to his face you could a smirk playing at his lips.

"It's very nice to meet you Mr. Sanchez! " You said with a slight smile as you held out your hand for him to shake, which he accepted after a second. "Y-You can just call me *Urp* Rick.. So where do you w-want all these boxes? " Rick said as he let go of your hand.

You giggled quietly from his belching in between words, he seemed kinda cool, him wearing his lab coat was a dead give away, he was definitely a scientist or something. "Okay, Rick. You can just set the boxes in the living room! " You smiled.

The family all started grabbing boxes and taking them inside to the living room, Jerry complaining a bit that the boxes were heavy but Beth and Rick just told him to shut up.

You couldn't help but giggle at them, they didn't seem to be the happiest family but they were nice enough and after about half an hour all the boxes were placed inside.

"Thank you all, for helping me unload all those boxes " You said with a smile. "Hey, why don't you come over for dinner? You know, so we can get to know each other better! " Beth suggests with a sweet smile. You looked at your watch and saw it was about 2:38 pm, smiling at her you nodded. "I'd love too! "

"Great, we'll see you at around 5:30? " Beth suggests and you nodded. "Perfect, see you then! " You smiled and walked back inside your new house as the family went back to theirs.

With a small smile you opened one of your boxes and started putting your things away, after about 2 and a half hours you had all but 2 boxes completely unpacked and put away. Seeing it was now 5:08, you decided to get ready for dinner at the Smiths house.

(𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑢𝑡𝑓𝑖𝑡 𝐼 𝑑𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑛𝑒)

Once dressed, you looked at the clock and saw it was 5:26. With a smile on your face you left your house to go across the street, you could hear murmuring on the other side of the door, you took a small breath and knocked on the door.