☔ Homebody ☔

(Lovely art by: kjoooooji on Tumblr! https://www.tumblr.com/kjoooooji/713757178450853888/i-dont-think-home-is-very-evil-but-i-like-to?source=share)

Tags: Angst, Vulnerable, Crying, Isolation, Comfort, Trapped, Darkness, Some Fluff but mainly angst

Summary: You don't know how long it's been since you've been in Home. It feels like forever, and it's starting to get to you. But Wally...He's in absolute shambles.

You don't know how it all could have gone horribly wrong

Everything started off so normally! You noticed that Wally hasn't seemed himself lately. He appeared less chipper, or attentive, which isn't like his usual self. You asked Wally if you could come over sometime to paint, you figured that would cheer him up! Which, it did, he almost seemed relieved even when you asked. In fact, he invited you over on the same day to do so.

"Thank you for the offer Neighbor, I guess I've been a little into my own head lately," Wally spoke quietly, appearing in thought as he set up the stools and canvases in the living room, while you squeezed some paint into the pallets and got the paintbrushes ready.

"I noticed...I was wanting to make sure you were doing ok. You know you can talk to me about anything, right?" You spoke kindly, to which Wally's smile faltered some, looking towards you with a sad look, before shaking his head, sitting down on the stool and simply picking up the paintbrush, begging to paint.

You sighed quietly, sitting next to him as you began to paint on your canvas. You couldn't help but notice Home seemed more quiet than usual either. Home would usually creak and squeak! But...today was quieter than usual, did they have an argument?

You looked over at Wally, examining him closely he looked tired. Some of his usually perfect pompadour was sticking out in certain places, and he had dark circles under his eyes. He almost seemed to be on edge.

"Wally, did you and Home have an argument?" You asked casually. Wally though, seemed to freeze, stopping his painting right in its tracks. He almost seemed to go pale. He gulped.

"Neighbor, I am being con-"

All at once, everything became extremely loud. Home was slamming all the doors, the floor creaking, furniture shifting, you name it. It was blaring in your ears as you covered them, Wally doing the same.

"Wally? What's going on-" You tried to speak, looking towards him, did he have tears in his eyes?

"Neighbor I-"

Everything went dark. You couldn't see.

"Wally?!" You yelled, panicked as you tried to adjust to the darkness, covering your ears still. Things were beginning to crash, break and shatter. You could hear your own heart beating as you were trying to contain yourself. Dropping to your knees, you kept your ears and head covered.