Those who care, and those who don't

"I think that's enough for today. Go get yourself cleaned up." Dynamight reaches over his shoulder to take the wraps I hold out to him. "Also, I'll give you your meal and training plan before you leave later in the day, but you should also get wraps and knuckle guards. At least three pairs of each. They'll be good."

I nod. "Okay, will do."

He turns and looks up and down my body. "You kept up the stance I taught you."

"You sound surprised," I accuse. In truth, he should be, because I feel like my whole stomach might have shrunken from tensing it so much. I did a total of one thousand punches, and I can definitely feel it.

"There is someone in the waiting room outside my office to see you. Apparently you need to design a hero costume and fill in a few details about yourself." He tosses me my own bag and my jumper. "Be here at 5:00 again tomorrow, but try not to be late. I want to get straight back into combat form instead of wasting time on running."

I salute teasingly. "Sir yes sir."

He sighs. "And try to be a little less of a pain in the ass tomorrow as well. At this rate I won't be able to put up with you for longer than a week."

"Sir yes sir."

"I'll also get a copy of whatever forms you fill in today. If there isn't a space for it already, put your contact details down. I'll email you if I need to."

I smirk. "Whaddaya know, you might actually take time out of your day to update me when things happen. Who ever would have suspected it?" I raise a brow at him and he glowers at me. So apparently, I haven't made any progress after all. My smile drops. "You could at least make an effort and laugh," I mutter.

"Get out of my sight," he snaps back before shoving me through the door to the base of the stairwell. I stick my tongue out at him before stomping up the stairs, purposely making as much noise as possible. If there are any sidekicks in the room at the top of the stairs, they're gonna think that Ragnarok has started.

In the coming few days, it might.

...

If there's one thing I hate more than Tuesdays, it's paperwork. So apparently, being a hero means a lot of paperwork, and I'm currently drowning in about fifty different forms. Why can't they just photocopy my info instead of making me fill out something different for every single company I might be working with? I've scrawled my signature about ten thousand times, and my fingers feel like lead. I might not even be able to let go of the pen at this point.

I shrug my shoulders, trying to work some feeling back into them.

"Last one," the safety commission worker assures me as she hands me another form. Yet another one asking for all my personal info. Well, if there's one way to nail things into my brain, it's this. My eyes quickly flick over the terms and conditions before jotting down my signature and moving down to the questions.

Name: Akari Akiyami

Age: 21

Height: 170cm

Weight: 62kg

Birthday: 3/26

Quirk: Ghost

Blood Type: O+

Relations: Sakura Akiyami, Chiyo Akiyami, Yuki Akiyami, Mai Harada

Education: Professional Homeschooling

Qualifications: None

I sit back and the commissioner takes the piece of paper. "That's it for formal paperwork. Thank you very much for your patience."