0.5 : An Open Secret

Over the next few weeks, Simon and Cale's fondness for the other became obvious in the eyes of the town and the Henituse estate. Besides holding hands, they would end up dancing together during one of the town's festivals or glancing at each other when the other wasn't looking.

Though their relationship was a little strange, the townspeople definitely liked them together instead of Cale alone. They've even settled on drinking moderately rather than heavily every night.

As for the people in the Count's estate, Basen and Lily got closer to Cale and Simon because of a special day. When Simon realized Cale wasn't too close to his siblings, but he loved them, he knew he needed to help. From then on, at the end of every week, the four would play games in a lounge.

If Lord or Lady Henituse came down, they were allowed to join. They mostly watched, though.

When they played games, Simon always sat next to Cale. They were close, even when they were just relaxing. Either their legs or arms were touching or Simon had his arm around Cale's shoulders.

At one point, the siblings got curious about Cale and Simon's relationship.

"Simon, why is your arm around Cale?" Lily asked during a game of poker. It was something Ron didn't want to teach them (because he thought it was only meant for lower status people), so Simon volunteered.

"Because it's comfortable there," Simon smiled. His comment made Lily confused, but Basen knew there was something deeper between Simon and his brother's relationship.

"Are you two together?" Basen asked as he slid in a few chips.

"How could I be with an idiot?" Cale scoffed, adding chips, too.

"But Simon's not an idiot, is he? He has three businesses, can fight pretty well, and likes alcohol like you," Basen said.

"Your brother is indeed alcohol, Basen," Simon snorted. Cale sent a short glare to Simon, but he had already leaned over to whisper, "I can't get enough~"

Leaning back like he didn't do anything, Simon added his own chips. Basen glanced between a beet red Cale and a proud Simon. There was no way in his mind that there wasn't something between them.

And before anyone asks, no, they haven't "done it" yet. But that doesn't stop these two young men from trying certain things. Their touches alone can make them intoxicated with another.

Cale and Simon met everyday. If they didn't wake up in the morning together (from drinking or adventures), Simon would always go to the Henituse estate.

Lying on one of the couches in the Henituse lounge, Cale was drinking wine with Simon reading another book between his legs. Cale had an arm around Simon's shoulders, keeping the light purple haired man close.

"You know I really like you, Simon," Cale leaned in to kiss the top of Simon's head.

"Mhm, I love you, too, Cale," Simon smiled, not paying too much attention to his words as he read.

"What?" Cale blushed, setting his glass of wine down and forcing Simon to face him. "You what?"

"I what?" Simon raised an eyebrow.

"What did you just say?" Cale pulled Simon closer by putting his hands on Simon's cheek.

"I said... What did I say?" Simon forgot what he said.

"You said you love me," Cale whispered. His reddish-brownish eyes were shining as they stared into Simon's green ones.

Simon's eyes grew wide, "I what?!" A dark blush spread from his neck to his ears.