chapter 5 - a temporary injury

The beach on a beautiful day is a sight to behold, with its soft sands and crystal clear waters stretching out before you. As you approach the beach, you can feel the warmth of the sun on your skin and the gentle breeze blowing through your hair. The sand is soft and inviting, making you want to kick off your shoes and feel the grains between your toes. The waves roll gently onto the shore, their rhythmic sound soothing your mind and body.

As you walk along the beach, you notice the beauty around you. Seagulls swoop overhead, their cries echoing in the salty air. The water sparkles in the sun, its surface shimmering with hues of blue and green.

The beach is alive with activity, as families build sandcastles and play in the water, while others sunbathe and read books under the shade of an umbrella. Children run along the shore, splashing in the waves and collecting seashells, while teenagers and young adults play volleyball or catch a wave on a surfboard.

"Hello? Are you doing well?" Alex said looking at you with a worried look. His green eyes were looking at you with concern. His brown hair which was a bit soaked due to his swimming in the sea which was blowing in the gentle wind. His hand was on your shoulder to show you he was there to listen to you.

"Oh sorry I was thinking of something" You replied with a smile.

Alex is your best friend. With a best friend like Alex, you likely have many shared memories and experiences that have helped to strengthen your bond. You may have shared interests, hobbies, or even a sense of humor that makes spending time together all the more enjoyable. He offered me his support and encouragement when you needed it, or simply letting you know how much you mean to him.