Chapter 2: Contractual Transaction

"I offer a marriage proposal. However, this marriage shall only be for the sake of convenience. Both of us benefit from it."
"Give some of the benefits I can receive from this agreement."
"Your power may expand to new horizons. Both of us would be known throughout the world even more than right now. Both our companies could be richer. We would be able to gain more influence."
"We. Both. Aren't there any benefits only I can receive?"
"Oh my goodness, okay fine. You can ask me to do any thing you want as long as its something sane during the period of our marriage. It will also be an open marriage. You're free to meet up with other people. I will also be free to see others. Consider it. Both of us have good benefits from this proposal, if you ever should agree to it."
She let out a sly grin.
"Did you really think I was that dumb? You're doing this with an ulterior motive. You've always been known as dirt on the Silvester image. An accident. An extra pawn. However, if you manage to get the Martine on your company's side, you would be igniting millions of opportunities to change your reputation. A chance to build a good name."
"As much as I hate to admit it, it's true."
"Okay. I accept this proposal. Let's hold the wedding after the graduation."
"That fast?"
"Why not?"
"Fine."

Perhaps convincing her wasn't really tricky. Maybe she had thought of some ulterior motive. But regardless, she agreed. We had signed the contract papers. After our graduation, my plan began to go into action. Under our contractual transaction, one of the agreements was that should one of us begin falling in love with the other (which was quite unlikely, but to be on the safe side I decided to include it anyways) he/she would have to control their feelings and keep their professionality and remain loyal to the contract. That contract, was one that would last until she had succeeded her father and my brother succeeded father - when our companies were on good terms with eachother. Then, and only then, would we divorce (with proper timing and planning).