chapter 1

The school hallway cleared as Annie, a 16yr old, tall, slim with a beautiful braided hair reaching her hips walked in. Annie was a school bully; made people feel less of themselves because she came from a rich family of Mr and Mrs Anderson. Her parents provided all her basic needs and more in excess. They weren't always around so they left a butler, a cook and housekeepers at her service, also two bodyguards who followed her almost anywhere. Annie took advantage of the incidents of her parents absence to do as she pleased. Annie had two female escorts as she walked pass. Goldie and Marie, they both came from rich families as well but non compared to that of Annie.

Marie and Goldie had been Annie's friend(more of minions) as far as they could remember, but weren't friends by choice. They were groomed by their parents who taught their daughters should be in the same friend category as their worth.

As Annie was lost with the attention she got from her fellow students as she walked the hallway, she bumped into Tracy, a new transferred student.

Tracy's mom was a business woman, so she never truly had a permanent home as they were always on the move whenever there was a new contract. Tracy's mom was a single mother. She had never truly opened up or been completely honest to Tracy about her father whenever she insisted to know About her birth father. "Drop it Tracy, I told you so many times that..." Tracy interrupted her.
"That it isn't worth talking about. You'll tell me when the time is right. Yeah yeah but when is it ever going to be a right time." Tracy completed her mom's sentence. It was getting too old and Annie was tired of hearing the same old story.

"Even just a photo. I just wanna see what the person that birth me looked like. What kind of man he was and what he was like. Why can't you talk about him mom, what did he ever do to you. You kept telling me I wouldn't understand but I'm older now, try me! I would understand..." Tracy kept insisting.

"Enough! Stop it baby, just stop!" Her mom shouted with rage. Tracy shifted back and sank herself in her bed as she held tightly her pillow.

"I'm sorry honey. I didn't mean to startle you. You know what? This is all I can tell you for now. Your dad wasn't a bad man, infant he was a gentleman, he was everything any woman could ask for in a man, he was everything and I loved him very much as he loved me." She paused as she turned and smiled at Tracy.

"You sound like you still Love him. You do don't you? Which means dad's still alive. But why isn't he looking for us? what really happened mom?" Tracy had a million more questions she needed to ask. Everything was like a puzzle that she desperately needed to solve.

"Come on. You're gonna be late for school. Get dressed quickly and get down for breakfast." Her mom concluded as she banged the door on her way out.

Tracy was unsatisfied. Like a child who was given only the tip of a lollipop to eat and the rest was taken away.
What shook her more was that as young and beautiful as her mom was, she had never seen her with any man. She had seen her mom a couple of times rudely chase away her chykers or suitors.

********
"Ah... What the hell and who the hell!?" Annie yelled on top of her voice.

"Was that supposed to be an apology or what?" Tracy asked in annoyance. The whole hallway began noisy as people began to murmur to one another.

"What? Apo... What? Are you crazy? Do you know who I am?" Annie continued to fuse.

"What a lunatic!" Tracy said and made her way to leave.

"What did I just hear?" Annie pulled Tracy back in annoyance.

"What do you think you're doing? Have you lost your mind?" The students on the hallway were startled. They had never seen anyone stand up to Annie in such manner.