Fluffy Annoyance

Short oneshot to start off, sorry not sorry lmao

ඞ amogus ඞ

A quick, light creaking sounded as John stepped into the flat. He hung up his coat and scarf, placed his shoes on a rack next to the door, then went to the main room. He found Sherlock there, apparently deep in his mind palace. He smiled gently at the man before him, sitting cross-legged on the ground in front of the fireplace, hands together right on the fore of his face. A mug sat next to him; it was still full. He must have made a cup, then forgot to drink it as he sat deep in thought.
John walked past Sherlock towards the kitchen, taking a moment to gently ruffle the curls atop the thinking man's head. He didn't stir, but smiled just noticeably.
John put on the kettle, got out two mugs and filled them both. Be brought them over, setting one next to Sherlock and the other on a side table. He sat down, scooting the chair closer to Sherlock. Again, he gingerly placed his hands in Sherlock's deep, curly locks.
He hummed, leaning into the touch.
They stayed like that for quite a long moment, before John's brain got the best of him.

"Sorry, I'm probably being annoying and clingy. I'll leave you alone."
He began to pull his hand away, frowning. Sherlock moved largely for the first time that evening, lightly grabbing John's hand and keeping it atop his head. He turned his head to face John.
He smiled.
"You're not annoying. I enjoy being around you."
John relaxed again. Silly John brain, telling him he was annoying to Sherlock.

"Do you mind if I sit with you while you think?"

"I don't mind."

He grabbed a blanket off the chair's arm next to him, then slid off the armchair next to Sherlock. He kissed Sherlock's cheek, and wrapped the blanket around the both of them.
Sherlock went back to his mind palace, while John drank his tea placidly. He looked to the man next to him. How on earth could this be real? His previous relationships had never worked out. But here we are.
Sherlock looked down towards John, who has finished his tea and was now playing with one of the loose strings from the blanket.
He pulled John closer to him, wrapping his arms around his torso. He rested his head on John's shoulder. John turned his head to face Sherlock, who returned the look with a kiss.
They both smiled into it, though broke it off before it could become something more. They both quite liked this moment just the way it was.
And they stayed like that, for quite awhile longer.

this oneshot was courtesy of, and brought to you by: PinterestMeme, LateNightInspirationINC., EastObsessionCerebralCortexST., and BBCNetwork.

If you are reading this late at night, then go to sleep

 -Marcel