Chapter 1

senior year.

let's try not to fuck it up this time.

i stood outside my new school, no friends to keep me company, no one else caring about the new girl. its not like i wanted to be here either, but i didn't have a choice. 

i was an only child to a single mom who worked 3 jobs with long hours. my dad is who knows where, i barely see my mum at all and with no siblings to look after me i'm used to being on my own. i had no one to teach me rights and wrongs, no one to look after me when i was scared, no one to celebrate with on a happy occasion. i've only spent 4 birthdays with my mum, all being the first 4 of my life. i'm turning 18 this year. i moved here with my mum two weeks ago. she found jobs here with higher pay and a nicer apartment with lower rent. of course i was happy that things were becoming easier for her, but that didn't hide the fact that i didn't want to leave my hometown. not like i had much to leave anyways.

enough with feeling bad for myself. i have a new chance, a fresh start, maybe i'll make a friend or two. i doubt it. 

suddenly i hear a loud honk fill my ears. two teenagers in a car flip me off and tell me to move. i only just realise i'm blocking the road. i walk towards the school doors, flipping off the two teenagers as i go.

the inside is packed full of students i don't know walking with friends and comparing timetables. i look down at my own having no idea where to go. so i walk off down a random hallway, hoping to find anything useful. 

as i turn the corner i run straight into someone, knocking over their timetable, books and phone. 

'i'm so sorry, i didn't see you coming' i say while i bend down and help her pick up her belongings. 'it's alright, i should've been looking to.' she responds. i stand up handing her her phone with a small smile. she smiles back while taking her phone. 'i'm alahna' she tells me. 'amelia' i say with a small chuckle. 'are you new around here?' she asks her curiosity finally taking the best of her. 'yeah' i respond 'first day'. i look down at my shoes with nerves as she places her hand on my arm. 'first day nerves am i right?' i nod slightly a small smile appearing on my face. 'i'll show you around don't worry, can i see your timetable?'. 'yeah sure' i hand her the piece of paper and she studies it for a minute before a smile breaks onto her face. 'it's your lucky day' she says as we start to walk 'we have most of our classes together'. it suddenly feels as if a massive weight has been lifted, maybe i will make a friend after all. 'it looks like the only class we don't have is ms britten for science.' i look down at my timetable  seeing that i don't have science today. 'must be my lucky day' i say 'no science until thursday'. 'plenty of time to get to know this place.' she tells me. 

we stop outside a door which i'm guessing is our homeroom. she walks inside and i follow, taking a seat next to her at the back of the classroom. i feel uneasy at being in my first class and alahna notices. 'don't worry' she tells me 'i'll be with you for the whole day, and i can show you around some more during break. i'm sure my friends won't mind meeting you tomorrow.' i smile at her 'thanks' i say 'for everything, i really appreciate it all'. she smiles back 'no worries. being new is hard, especially in senior year'. the bell suddenly rings and the classroom door shuts. here goes nothing.

A/N

kinda short first chapter. they will all probably be around this length, maybe longer, depends on what i can think up. so we've met alahna already and we'll meet all the triplets very soon. got a bit of background info on amelia and why shes here. all the basics really. ngl i was kind of uneasy with this chapter but i dont think it's half bad.