Wake me up when September ends

->/Aren Kuboyasu\<-

"

Like every teenage girls dream, I got married to my high school sweetheart. My grade ten to twelve prom date. And oh, how I loved him.

I'd do anything for him. Down to my last breath, I'd protect him.

All of our memories made even more priceless than the last.

From the awkward first dinner with his mother eyeing me and constantly asking me about grades, to watching her walk him down the isle.

Ever since we first started going out, we swore we wouldn't end up like his parents.

But family is family, and you pick up so much of their behaviour.

We made so, so many memories.

And even more memories.

Every argument,

Every fight,

Every night spent in a hotel instead a simple apology,

Until it happened.

We got into a stupid little fight, and yelled our hearts out.

And he left.

He grabbed his wallet and a change of clothes, and slammed the door.

Never, not in a million years, would I have imagined what happened next.

He drove out of the driveway, and I crouched on the floor in the kitchen.

It was such a stupid argument. I could've just said I might've spilled a drink on the carpet, and that I'd clean it right away. But my fucking ego for in the way.

I loved him so much. I loved him I loved him I loved him. I still do love him.

I knew that he wasn't stable. I'd been having him go to therapy weekly, and made sure he minimized how much he hated himself, and would talk him through whenever he wanted to hurt himself.

But that only really lasts for so long.

Until the timer runs out, and you're driving 180 miles an hour on a coulee-side road, intoxicated and crying.

He didn't come home that night.

I'd texted him all afternoon, leaving him hundred of missed calls and messages.

Hell, I even tried using the house phone to get in touch with him.

I didn't sleep that night. I didn't know where he was. So, I got in my car and drove, looking for any sign of him.

When I was out of my car, I sat on a hill crying. I saw somebody walking on the bridge, all alone, and if I was in any better of a mood I would've acknowledged them. Although I'm not sure they saw me.

That's when I headed back to my car, and saw my phone screen light up.

I was getting a call.

Shun

I don't think I've ever pressed answer faster.

"Shun? Shun, love, are you okay?" I panicked into the phone.

"Aren? Okay, it's you. I just had some things i uh- wanted to tell you. Look, Aren, I love you, so, so much. Even though I know that the feelings aren't reciprocated, I don't think I'll ever lose feelings. I love you, okay?" Is he crying?

"Shun, baby, I do love you! You know that!! Shun, I really do!" I told him, although probably hopeless.

"Anyway, um, I don't want to waste your time-"