Something I hate - Zukka (Atla)

Zuko's POV

My boyfriend finds me crying next to the turtle duck pond. "What's wrong Zuko?" Sokka asks.

"I wish my face was less ugly."

"It's not."

"I know you don't think so but I do," I say and I can't meet his eyes. "And I'm an ugly crier. That's why I don't like crying in front of you.  I know you always say you could never hate any part of me, but there's so much I would change when I see my face, I just don't believe that you love me."

"What of course I do!" Sokka exclaims in defence. I turn away my voice lowering, 

"You don't really, you don't really love me."

"Listen to me Zuko! I DO love you!"

"My heart is tryna hear you but my body doesn't trust a word you say," Blinking back tears I whisper, "'Cause how could you love something I hate?
Sokka wraps his arms around me and says, "I don't like myself, but you promise you like me as I am. It hurts to see you tearing yourself apart.  I know I always say this but I could never hate any part of you. There's nothing I would change. You are perfect in my eyes." 

He removes his arm and turns my face toward him. Our eyes meet and my tears threaten to fall.  "I know how it feels to not understand why I love you. I constantly ask myself what I did to deserve you. I constantly tell myself that you don't really love me. My heart is tryna hear you but my body doesn't trust a word you say. Because how could you love something I hate?"

"Maybe one day we can learn to love ourselves like we love each other. Because I really love you Sokka."

"I love you too Zuko."

-----

Sorry that it's short but I hope you liked it! :)