𝟬𝟬𝟬.

❛𝘾𝙇𝙄𝘾𝙆 ❜

The apartment door clicked open, revealing a weary girl as she shuffled inside. With a sigh, she swung the schoolbag off her shoulders, letting it thud onto the floor. Gripping onto one of the straps, she dragged the bag along as she made her way further into the apartment. 

'Minu didn't even ask if I was alright. . . He didn't even walk me home either.'

Su-ae's lips pressed into a tight line, her eyes glistening, recalling what had happened earlier at school. Even when the soccer ball hit her hard in the head, Minu, her boyfriend, ran past her to engage in a conversation with his friend, not even sparing a glance in her direction. The sting from the moment hurt deep, but what only worsened her mood was the look of pity she got from her boyfriend's best friend. 

Her eyes blurred, with pricks of water showing on the corner of her eyes. Su-ae, raised her arm to rub away the tears, the sleeve of her uniform getting slightly wet.

Clack 

The girl jumped, startled by the sudden noise in the previously silent apartment. Her eyes widened, snapping towards the source, finding a tall figure standing behind the kitchen countertop, looking back at her smaller form. Similar violet irises fixed onto each other's.

'Huh?', "What- What are you doing there?!"

The male's eyebrows scrunched together, hearing those words, his eyes narrowing down at her, " . . .Are you saying I shouldn't be in my own home?".

"T- That's not what I mean! I- I mean that. . . Why are you home right now. . .?"

"Ah.", The male emitted a sound of acknowledgment, understanding the meaning of the question blurted by the confused and nervous girl. He lifted the steaming mug from the countertop to his lips, taking a slow sip. "The gym's closed. Some thugs caused trouble at the gym yesterday, so the owner's shutting it down for a while."

"Oh." 

Su-ae averted her eyes from the tall figure,' This is so awkward. . . '. She stole a quick glance towards the other. This was the first time in a while that she had engaged in more than just brief exchanges with the male. 

Su-ae saw him turn away, the white mug in one hand and the other tucked into his pants pocket, as he strode back to his room. She stood there, watching his departure without uttering another word. As the door to the male's room clicked shut, the silence in the apartment returned once again, her expression turning glum and eyes still not leaving the closed door.

Whenever interactions like these happened, Su-ae would always be left with a heart clenched tight with longing. Yearning for even the smallest form of affection from the other person, whether it was a gentle pat on the head or a subtle compliment. They shared meals, played together, and grew up under the same roof, they even shared the same blood. . . Yet, even despite that, Su-ae wondered why they still seemed like strangers to each other.

'If only Ra-im was here right now. . . '

Unlike her, who always grew nervous under the other's gaze, their younger sister, more preferably their foster sister, was much more brave in initiating a conversation with the cold and indifferent male. Despite her efforts, however, their exchanges always seemed to end with just a few words exchanged.