Chapter 5: New Earth

- Dont change it, you are not a God, you are mortall -

 It was a big group of figures, silhouetted against the harsh landscape. They couldn't make out any details from this distance, but they could tell that something was off about them.

They watched as the figures approached, and as they drew closer, the group's fears were confirmed. The figures had red eyes, and their bodies were twisted and contorted in unnatural ways. They moved with a jerky, erratic gait, like marionettes being pulled by invisible strings.

Without a word, the group sprang into action. Eramos, with his powers over magic, conjured a barrier of energy around them, hoping to keep the creatures at bay.

They turned and ran, hoping to put as much distance between themselves and the creatures as possible. 

As they ran, the terrain grew more difficult to navigate. The ground became rocky and uneven, with jagged boulders jutting out from the earth. The air grew thick with the stench of smoke and decay, making it difficult to breathe.

They pushed themselves to the limit, running faster and harder than they ever had before. The adrenaline pumping through their veins kept them going, despite the exhaustion and pain they felt.

The sun began to set, casting long shadows across the desolate landscape. The sky was a riot of colors, with streaks of red and orange blending into deep shades of purple and blue. It was a breathtaking sight, but there was no time to stop and admire it.

They continued on, their feet pounding against the ground, the sound of their breathing the only thing that broke the silence. As they ran, they scanned the horizon, looking for any sign of safety or shelter.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, they spotted a small cave nestled in the side of a rocky hill. Without hesitation, they veered off course and headed towards it.

As they approached the cave, they saw that it was dark and foreboding. The entrance was small and narrow, with jagged rocks protruding from the sides. It was clear that the cave had not been inhabited for some time.

But it was their only option. With no other shelter in sight, they had to take the risk.

They cautiously entered the cave, their eyes adjusting to the darkness. The ground was rocky and uneven, making it difficult to move around. They stumbled and tripped, but managed to make their way deeper into the cave.

As they ventured deeper into the cave, their fear grew. They had no idea what could be lurking in the darkness, and the thought of being trapped in a small, enclosed space with an unknown danger made their hearts race.

Lyra clutched her backpack tightly, her knuckles turning white. She could feel the sweat pooling in the small of her back, making her shirt cling uncomfortably to her skin. Her mind was racing with thoughts of the creatures that had pursued them, wondering if they had followed them into the cave.

Eramos, with his powers over magic, cast a small ball of light to illuminate their path. The soft glow cast eerie shadows on the cave walls, making it difficult to discern what was real and what was just a trick of the light.

As they continued deeper into the cave, they noticed strange markings etched into the walls. Symbols and images that they couldn't decipher, but that seemed to tell a story. They wondered who had been there before them, and what their story might be.

As they moved deeper into the cave, their eyes were drawn to a wall covered in strange drawings. Lyra gasped as she saw the first image, a depiction of a brutal war between people with blue and red eyes. "This is horrifying," she whispered, "It's like they were fighting over something so trivial."

Zachary nodded grimly. "It's a sad reminder of how destructive human nature can be. We have to learn to put aside our differences and work together if we want to survive."

As they moved to the next drawing, Emma let out a small gasp. "Look at this," she said, pointing to a intricate drawing of a small village perched high in the trees. "It's so beautiful, but it looks like they were forced to live there to escape something."

Eramos studied the drawing for a moment. "Perhaps it was a natural disaster or a war that drove them to seek refuge in the trees. It's impressive that they were able to build such a complex system of treehouses."

But the third drawing made them all shudder. It depicted a world with red eyes looming over it, ready to destroy everything in its path. "This is a warning," Zachary said gravely, "We can't let ourselves become complacent. We have to be vigilant and work together to prevent disaster."

As the group were watching paintings, they heard the sound of hooves pounding against the hard earth. They could see shadows moving in the distance of cave , and it was clear that they were not alone. They quickly took cover behind a nearby boulder, watching as a group of riders appeared on the horizon.

The riders were unlike any they had ever seen before. They wore black leather armor, with helmets that covered their faces. They carried long spears and swords, glinting in the fading light. The horses they rode were large and muscular, their eyes wild with fear.

But before they could react, arrows came flying towards them with surprising speed and accuracy. Zachary, Eramos, and Lyra were caught off guard as the arrows struck them directly in their shoulders, causing searing pain to shoot through their bodies. Lyra fell on her kness, and the cave seemed to spin around them.

The trio stumbled back, gripping their wounded shoulders, trying to stay on their feet. Zachary's immense strength faltered, and Eramos struggled to maintain his magical focus. Lyra, normally quick and agile, felt her movements slow down as darkness crept in at the edges of her vision.

With their vision blurred and their bodies weakened, the trio collapsed to the cave floor. Their breathing grew shallow, and their eyelids grew heavy. Despite their best efforts to stay awake, the pain and exhaustion proved too much, and they slipped into unconsciousness.