Chapter 2

A few months later, they all settle down at a nice flat just near the park.

Pongo: (narrating) "For the first six months or so... we lived in a small house near the park. A modest little place, but just right for two couples who were just starting."

Pongo and Perdita are snuggling on the windowsill. Perdita sighs lovingly until Pongo wakes up to ask a question to her.

Pongo: (concerned) "Perdita, darling, are you all right?"

Perdita: "Oh, of course, dear. After all, dogs were having puppies long before our time." 

She licks Pongo on the face to reassure him, as a smile runs across his face.

Pongo: (narrating) "Oh, that's Nanny, a wonderful cook, and housekeeper."(Nanny sets the platter down on the coffee table, as one of Anita's notes falls on the floor.) "She's such a kind, understanding soul." (Nanny, realizing her mistake, gets down on all fours and retrieves the note.) "You know, at times she seems almost canine."

Anita: "Roger, Leana dear, tea time. Tea time!"

Soon or later Leana came downstairs and sit next to her mother who is laughing when Pongo went towards her Leana, who look down at him slowly petting his head gently.

Pongo: ''Oh that Leana Anita and Roger's daughter! She loves us equally no matter what size"

As Roger plays the song on the piano, Nanny uses a broomstick and taps the handle on the ceiling to get Roger's attention.

Roger: (singing) "Be down in a minute." (Nanny leaves, just as Roger comes out of his study, scatting and whistling to the lyrics of the song.) "Do you like my new song?"

Anita: (scatting as well) "Such clever lyrics."

Roger: (chuckles then look at his daughter) "What comes first, Leana"

Leana: "Melody first, father. And then, then lyrics, hmm?"

Roger: " That right dear" 

He give her a hug and a kiss on her forehead while Anita was laughing a bit at this to see how happy they are and share a good laugh. As Pongo and Perdita rest their heads on the windowsill, they hear a car coming. 

Perdita: (scared) "Oh, Pongo... it's her. It's that devil woman."

The car, a red-colored Alvis Speed 20 SD Standard Coupe-like model with headlights and bumpers that resemble a scowling face, rockets down the street, blaring its horn, and scares a flock of pigeons while turning a sharp left. Perdita runs away to hide, but Pongo sits there, boldly. The car comes to a sharp, complete stop by their flat.

Roger: "Oh, must be Cruella, your dearly devoted old schoolmate. Cruella de Vil. (gets an idea) That's it!" (starts singing)

♪ Cruella De Vil, ♪

♪ Cruella De Vil, ♪

♪ If she doesn't scare you, ♪

♪ No evil thing will... ♪

Anita: "Oh, Roger."

Roger: ♪ To see her is to, ♪

♪ Take a sudden... chill! ♪

Anita: "Ohh!"

Roger: ♪Cruella, Cruella... ♪

♪ She's like a spider waiting, ♪