Chapter 2: New Beginnings

The newly awakened drone looked around at her surroundings, completely unaware of her new fate. She saw a control module, random clothes scattered about, and... her old body. Suddenly, she got flashes of events in her mind, she saw a dead drone, ripped apart, a lone pair of legs, and... a drone with monstrous wings and a tail. She came back to reality, and was now looking at J and Tessa. She backed away, frightened by them.

Tessa:
"Its ok, we're not gonna hurt you."

J:
(Under her breath) "Aw, damn.

???:
"W-Who are you... W-Who am I?!?!?!"

She looked down at her hands, which then turned into bladed hands. She screamed, and jumped up, and ended up digging her claws into the roof of the pod. She was now on the ceiling, like a cat. J laughed a bit, while Tessa just tilted her head.

???:
"WHATS WRONG WITH MY HANDS?!?!?"

Tessa:
"Just... try to relax..."

The drone tried to relax... and she fell from the ceiling, with her hands returning to normal, she stood up, and was now eye to eye with J. J looked the drone up and down, with a slightly disgusted look.

J:
"Could we get her... covered up? I feel slightly uncomfortable..."

Tessa chuckled a bit, and grabbed a bag that was on the body of the dead drone, which had a cheerleader outfit inside it. The drone looked at it as Tessa handed it to her. She looked on the back of the tag on the cheerleading top, and saw an "R"

???:
"There's... an R... is that my name?"

Tessa:
"Its your initial. Your name must have started with R... Luckily, drones like you don't need a full name!"

The drone put on the cheerleader outfit, now a little bit small on her new body, it must have fit perfectly before. She looked to Tessa again.

???:
"Then... what shall you call me?"

Tessa:
"Kneel for me..."

The drone got down on one knee, as Tessa pulled out her sword, the drone was frightened as the sword was brought down, but it landed just above her left shoulder.

Tessa:
"From this day forward..."

The sword now went to above the drones right shoulder.

Tessa:
"You will be henceforth know as..."

The sword now came just above her head.

Tessa:
"Serial Designation R... you may now rise."

R would rise up, and had a small smile replacing her worried expression. J simply looked at Tessa in shock.

J:
"You never did that when I became a disassembly drone!"

Tessa started laughing a bit.

Tessa:
"I've always wanted to do that! So cool. What do you think, R?"

R:
"Y-Yeah... It was cool..."

Tessa:
"Welp... that was a long day of walking... Imma hit the sack. J, make sure our new recruit here doesn't do anything too bad."

J:
"Yes ma'am."

Tessa:
"Hell yeah. Have fun you two!"

Tessa then jumped and landed on the giant pile of clothes, tipping her hat down over her mask as she fell asleep. R struggled on her new legs. Who designed these? So thin, barely any kind of feet, more like really thin hooves.

J:
"Must be tough trying to stand up."

R:
"How do you do it?"

R was wobbling now, when she was about to fall her, she was caught by J, using one arm.

J:
"Practice."

J helped R get back to standing up straight. R wobbled again, but was able to catch herself. J scoffed, but giggled a bit. R smiled.

R:
"I never actually got the name of you two..."

J:
"I'm Serial Designation J... or J for short... the sleeping human is our master... or should i say mistress, Tessa."

R:
"But... why am I here?"

J:
"We found you, at a camp... you were slightly worse for wear..."

J and R looked over to R's old body, which was mangled under the upper torso. R and J looked at each other.

J:
"So... Tessa and I took you here, and saved you."

R:
"Th-Thank you!"

R then hugged J. J was taken aback by this, but just let it happen.

J:
"No problem, Rookie."

R stepped back, and tilted her head in confusion.

R:
"Rookie? What do you mean?"

J:
"Well, since you're a disassembly drone now, you serve me! But I serve Tessa, so you also serve her. And she serves the company, which means-"

R:
"I think I understand."

J:
"Good, you're not slow, unlike him..."

J had a look thay was sour, and full of disgust.

R:
"Like who?"

J:
"Nobody, well someone who is a nobody."

R was still partly confused, but was content now. She yawned. Even if she was in an all new body, she was getting tired.

J:
"Yeah, Tess-Tess was right."

R:
"Tess-Tess?"

J:
"T-Tessa I meant!"

J laughed a bit, covering up what she said.

J:
"We should rest for now. Need plenty of energy for training tomorrow!"

R:
"Training?"

J:
"Shhhhh"

She put her finger over R's mouth, as she went to the ground, and curled up into a ball.

J:
"We must sleep. Goodnight R..."

R found a place to sleep, and grabbed a sweatshirt, and put it on for warmth, and laid down, facing up, looking through the glass roof of the pod. She saw the stars up above, and the snowstorm constantly raging on... she looked to Tessa, who'd been asleep for a bit, and back to J. R smiled. She was happy to have met these two. She got comfortable, and closed her eyes.

R:
"Goodnight J..."

and with that... she was fast asleep.