𝒪nce upon a time, in a blithe land, there were two souls,

Life and Death.

Life, the beginning of all things, she was an angel,  the good, the light of the world.
Death, on the other hand, was finality of all things, he was a demon, the evil, the darkness of the world.

Everyone kept them apart, claiming Life and Death could not coexist, because where one was, the other would not step foot near.
Life and Death in the same room was nearly  impossible.

But, what nobody knew was that one evening, after death had taken the final soul of the night, him and Life would share a drink.

Or two.

"What is it like?" Death asked.

Life questioned, taking a sip of the whiskey she was holding in her cup,"What do you mean?"

"What's it like to be a hero, to be seen by the people as good, as light, is it nice?"

"It is, making people happy, letting them know that there is good in the world, it feels nice."

Death thought about it, how he wanted to be the hero for once, seen, to exist for good.
But, was he ready, ready to be some flightless bird thrown out into the wild and told to learn on his own, was he ready to leave the comfort of the cage he's been in for years, locked away from the world, hated?

"What about you, what's being the bad guy feel  like?"

"Well," Death took a deep breathe in before continuing "it's as good as it sounds, the world hates me, they fear my very existence, you know, the fun stuff."

Life let out a small laugh "So you have humor I see, I'm Yeva." She held out her hand as if she was in some interview.

The name of Life, beautiful, just like her.

"Nex," Death replied, looking down at Yevas hand for a moment before connecting it with his " I must have humor on the job, how else will I survive." 

The name of death, a mystery just like him.

And, after that there were no more words exchanged between the two souls that were seated at the bar, only silence, after tonight Death and Life will go back to being nobody, merely strangers who met at a bar after a long day.

But you see,Death and Life were no strangers, they knew eachother way before the night at the bar.
For centuries they had danced around
Each other's realm, but never had been found.

Until now.