That's Mr Kibutsuji?!

My entire being halts, before an arm grabs my own, the car passing mere centimetres before my face.

My body is pulled back, into the warm arms of a taller figure.

I can't bare to face them before they let me go.

I didn't even say thank you before they walked away. I couldn't, I was frozen. The adrenaline from almost getting hit was still rushing, full force before my brother pulled me into his arms.

"Be careful, you idiot! You almost got hit. You really aren't the sharpest tool in the shed, are you." He let me go, tilting his head at the redness of my face.

"What was his name?"

"I don't fuckin know. Ask him that yourself." He pulled me away. "We need to go home, it's getting too late to be out."

It was until a couple days later that I saw him again, as my math tutor.

He shook my hand. "Hey, I saw you. You were that girl that almost got ran over."

I halt. That's one way to introduce myself. "My name is Ume. Are you the new maths tutor?"

He nods, his jet black, wavy hair falling just below his eyes.

I would usually be ashamed that I was a college student needing maths tutoring, but his guy saved me from a car, so I feel somewhat safe around him.

Some time later, the others who took the class came, including Enmu, a guy who I knew well.

He sits directly beside me, giving me a head tap.

"Ume? Girl? Hon? Are you still there? Ume? Heyoo~? Ume!"

I jump, snapping out of my trance.

The tutor spoke, his voice like melted velvet. "Enmu, could you please sit down? I think some people might not be able to see at the back."

"Oops, sorry!" He giggled, sitting down and laying his head down my paper, so I couldn't avoid his face. "Are you even paying attention to him?"

"What's his name?"

"The teacher? I don't know, he never told us. Ask him if you're that curious."

After the class, I stay back and listen to his voice talking to the others.

"You all did fantastic today! Enmu, please try not to leap up like that again, it did me a fright. Rui, amazing job with the Pythagorean theorem. That's all for this avo, I hope you all have an amazing day."

"What about me?" It just comes out, I didn't mean to say it out loud.

"Oh! Ume, you did amazing. You were a great listener."

That's it? Just a great listener? Listening well isn't going to improve my grades! I need it to make sense.

"Oh. Before you go," the tutor stopped me on my way out. "If you could help me with some paperwork tomorrow regarding marking some answers? I will have an answer sheet."

So? I can do it without an answer sheet. I'm not that dumb.

I nod. He heads out of the doorway and I stop him halfway out.

"Is something on your mind?"

"What's your name?"

His eyes widen. "My apologies! I never said so. I'm Kibutsuji Muzan."

After he leaves I stand still for a while.

Muzan...

Later that night, I held my phone up, looking through his media.