chapter 7. Family Feuds!

CHAPTER 7

CHAPTER 7...part 2

(Let Me Down Easy — Daisy Jones & The Six)

WHETHER it be sheer stupidity, or just pure coincidence, Kara managed to run into her father once more. She knew it was bound to happen, but Kara quite liked her plan to slip in and out of the Mikaelson home without being in talking distance with Elijah. The man looked flustered, having walked in from the balcony and considering what he'd just done, he wasn't exactly too excited to see Kara after the fact.

"You look quite elated to me." She spoke sarcastically, a flute of cognac sat lazily in her right hand. She raised a single brow before taking a long sip of the alluring alcohol, hoping the buzz would make her forget everything that's happened in the past few hours.

"I simply find the occurrence...surprising." He spoke, careful of his words. He knew that one wrong statement could have Kara storming out in a matter of seconds, the thin ice he stood on with his daughter already cracking beneath him.

"Ah yes." She said, laughing bitterly. "How could I forget, you left me for dead all those years ago." She couldn't help the humor she found in the situation. Though, given circumstance, it was either laugh or cry through the pain and the former was far more appealing.

Elijah tensed at her response, surely she knew he left in an effort to protect her. Even if the solution he came to was all for not, it did seem the best decision at the time.

"Kara." He finally spoke, like an adult scolding a child. "You kno-"

"No, I don't know." She said, taking a threatening step towards the 'noble Mikaelson'. "Please, do explain to me why you left me." A glare made its way onto her features, jaw ticking like a time bomb.

"You were a child," He said, beginning to become exasperated, "I couldn't endanger you like that."

"So instead you left me to the wolves?" She inquired.

"That wasn't my intention-"

"But it still happened." She cut him off. "I was a child. A child who needed her father and you couldn't even give me that." She echoed. Their bodies slowly meeting in the middle, tension thickening the air.

The pent up anger and betrayal that laid beneath Kara's cool exterior began to crack as the thin ice Elijah once stood upon broke beneath him. A rageful sea sweeping him up as 1000 years worth of emotions began to surface.

"You knew bloody well what you were leaving me behind with!" She practically screamed, sound waves bouncing off the walls. "You knew they would fear me!"

"I left for your own good Kara." Elijah stated, deep breaths escaping his anxiety ridden body, "I never meant to hurt you." He stepped forward to place a hand on her shoulder, only for a red aura to emit from her body.