chapter 10. Do you want to play a game!

CHAPTER 10

CHAPTER 10...part 2

(Affection — BETWEEN FRIENDS)

7 YEARS LATERunknown

"HURRY up Ara!" Kara heard, pulling her out of her thoughts. Her eyes glazed as she stared at a picture of Alek, his smile warm and comforting, his aura glowing and yet, her heart couldn't help but tug when she looked at him.

She would never forgive herself for what she had done, for what she could have done. Had Inadu tricked her mind longer, kept her stuck in her own head for just a second longer, Kara did not doubt that she would have killed him. That alone was enough for Kara to leave, as much as it pained her to hear his pleas for her to come back, to leave his comforting arms.

She knew he was searching for her, she would be stupid not to. Almost everyday she could feel a slight shift in the magical axis around her, weaving differently than before as a new witch tried to penetrate the spells that hid her. But, all attempts were for not, because if Kara Bennett did not wish to be found, she would not.

Though, this is not to say that Kara was sat around doing nothing, wallowing in her self pity and woes, it was actually quite the contrary. Hundreds of Grimoires had been flipped through, thousands of spells read as Kara searched for a way to destroy the Hollow.

As the days waned on, slowly morphing into weeks, months, years, Kara grew aggravated. Despite the ancestors insisting that this was her calling, they refused to help. The witches of old claimed that this was a task that only Kara could tackle, that the time would come when all was revealed.

Sure, for the first 3 years Kara travelled on her own, slipping from sanity as each day became repetitive. That was, until she met Malachai Parker.

She first met him in a local pub somewhere near Scotland, covered head to toe in a what could only be a vampires' nectar. She remembered him smirking before speeding towards her, 'Hello Clarice' , he said, wiggling his fingers.

He angled his head to her neck, beginning to elongate his fangs. But, before his senses could be overloaded by the sweet sensation of blood, her hand shot out, manicured hands grasping his jawline and facing him towards her. Her eyes were masked by Gucci, but even the Parker siphon could see slight red wisps flowing from her irises.

'Don't test me, boy.' She hissed out, angered by the outcome of yet another lead. She shoved his head away, flicking her wrist.

As the young heretic fell to the floor, she set her sight towards the mans victim. The young girl was slightly shaking despite her glazed over eyes, Kara began walking towards her Prada clicking before she cocked her head.

The Bennett heretic bent to her level, 'poor thing', She cooed out, moving her lips towards the already open wound.

She sucked softly, the euphoric causing her to close her eyes. After a minute or two, she looked into the young girls eyes, 'you will go back to your flat. You drank heavily tonight' ,Kara spoke calmly, 'and you accidentally injured yourself.'