3. prison

Hitoka Sakai as Akane Morimoto

✦✧✦

✦✧✦

The interior of the prison was a far cry from the exterior. Warm brown brick turned into cold gray concrete lit only by fluorescent lights. The only thing that confirmed that it was in fact the same building was the pure enormity of size.

The halls were large, ceilings high and walls far apart. Countless cells split off from them, with heavy metal doors which seemed impossible to break through.

As Kazumi made her way into the building her footsteps sent echoed through the concrete halls, adding to the eerie loneliness she got walking through the prison.

Eventually she came to a table, instead of the expected 'take one' sign another one sat in its place, reading 'put on a collar and go upstairs to the central guardroom'. In front sat two electronic collars, a circular screen imbedded into its back.

Picking one up it was surprisingly heavy in her hands. Carefully putting it around her neck it's mechanism activated, locking it in place. There was truly no backing out now.

Following the instructions on the sign, she made her way upstairs until she came to a large circular room. A good number of people stood around the room, idly awaiting for the game to begin, a number of them turning to face her out of curiosity for the new arrival.

Of course she noticed Chishiya immediately, leaned up against a wall towards the back, but she let her eyes pass over him indistinguishably before entering further into the room, choosing to stand a good ways away from the one person she secretly knew.

Closest to her stood a quiet looking girl in a school uniform, nervously stealing glances toward Kazumi before cementing her gaze to the floor.

Another person entered the guardroom, a unsettling looking man, which Kazumi assumed to be the last player seeing as only one collar was left on the table after her.