027; big fun [3]

twenty-seven[ big fun ]

twenty-seven
[ big fun ]

"you okay now?" violet asked her friend with much concern after their long hug.

though, the moment is ruined when archie andrews walked in, "sorry."

"it's fine," veronica wiped her tears before saying, "i'll be okay, vi. thank you."

violet just nodded and watched as her friend walked away, leaving her and archie alone in the kitchen. the andrews boy stood next to her, glancing over at her. violets eyes stared at the cup she was holding, half empty.

"am i the reason?"

"what?"

"am i the reason you're drinking till you can't walk?" she wanted to know. she didn't want to feel this guilt.

"a part of it," archie raised his cup up, taking another sip before nudging her, "you should have some."

"i'm already drinking, andrews," she pointed out, downing her drink while he watched with wide eyes, "easy."

archie laughed, "want another?"

she instantly accepted, watching with a laugh as he walked over to the drinks table, poured some for her before joining violets side again, "here."

violet smiled, "thanks."

"what else is bothering you?"

archie had been waiting for her to ask that and this was the time now to show her the song he made for her which was him pouring out his heart for her, "can we go upstairs?" the boy placed down his cup, grabbing her free hand.

violet, who grew nervous, nodded. but they didn't make it to the steps, they were welcomed into the kitchen by jughead, followed by betty.

the two let go of each others hands.

"i just saw veronica heading to the bathroom, it looked like she was crying. is she okay?" betty sadly frowned.

"her dad," violet answered, sadly, "it's just all messed up and complicated. she's not really in the partying mood."

"that makes two of us," jughead muttered.

"woah, wait," betty turned to the jones boy with a frown, "you're not actually upset that i threw you a party, are you?"

"it's nice, i appreciate it. it's just that i'd be happier if it was just the five of us in a booth at pops."

"yeah, but we always do that," betty shrugged, "i wanted to do something special."

"the road to hell is paved with good intentions," jughead replied with sarcasm.

"why is everything so doom and gloom with you, jug?" betty scoffed, "why can't it just be normal for once?"