𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡

I'd been blindfolded and put on a plane. My father wanted me to help Aaron with a special project he'd been working on for a while.

I was led down a series of hallways, but father's unwelcomed hand on my back, guiding me. Aaron was quite upset that I was being brought into this, but we hadn't much of a choice. I was fourteen, he was seventeen.

When I got into the room, the blindfolds were tugged off of me and my brother. I glanced around, taking in the sights.

"She's taking her twenty minute break now," Evie informed my father. Evie. Why was she there? There was a tank, a large one. But it was empty.

I glanced down and saw a girl on the floor. She seemed maybe a year older than me, but she didn't look right. She almost didn't look human.

Her skin was white and soggy, she was wearing no clothes, and her eyes were white and glossy. She had webbed fingers.

I stared at her for a long time, and then our eyes met. And I just about went crazy. Things were coming to me in a flash.

Memories I didn't know I had were being restored. I could see her as a child. Us as children. I could remember everything.

"Emmaline!" I exclaimed, rushing to her side.

I could hear concerned voices from everyone around us, but I didn't care. I wrapped my arms around her and held her to me protectively.

"It's Aurora, you're okay," I whispered, kissing her wet forehead. "It's going to be okay. I'll make them stop, Em."

She didn't say anything, and I wondered if she could speak at all. But then I heard her voice in my head.

"You won't remember this, Rora."

I stared at her in disbelief, and then my father was ripping me away from her. I screamed and protested, thrashing in his arms. But he dragged me out the door.

"What do you think you're doing, you stupid girl?" he snapped, smacking me hard across the face. I winced.

"Let her go, please," I begged, clutching onto him desperately as tears streamed down my face. "Please, you're torturing her. She doesn't deserve it!"

"How did you remember?" he demanded, grabbing a fistful of my hair.

"I--I don't know," I stammered, terrified of the anger in his blue eyes. "We made eye contact, and I remembered everything." He cursed under his breath and sighed, turning to Max, who was standing outside the door.

"Get everything ready," he said. "We have a lot to erase this time."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Aaron and I stood outside of our father's office, waiting to be let in. Both of us were extremely nervous, and we both knew our lives would change forever depending on the decision he had made.

"You two can come in," he said to us. We both walked in, and I took a deep breath.

"What have you decided?" Aaron spoke up. He stared at us for just a second.

"You have been chosen as Chief Commander and Regent of Sector 45," he announced to my brother. I felt relief taking over me. "Both of you will be staying in Sector 45 headquarters."

"What?" I snapped, forgetting myself. "No, I'm staying here."

"You are fourteen," he reminded me. "Your mother cannot get out of her bed. And you have a habit of getting in trouble. You will not stay here by yourself."