VIII.

A G A V E.

"𝙄 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙞𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚, 𝙄 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙤𝙣 𝙣𝙤 𝙙𝙧𝙪𝙜𝙨—𝙄 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙤𝙗𝙚𝙧. 𝙄 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙞𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙪𝙨."
-Sza, Circa 2023

———————-•••———————-

———————-•••———————-

THE TAYLOR RESIDENCE
the story of
DETROIT
khaleesi
FUTURE
and ace.
CHAPTER TWO.

If you told me a year ago that I would have two beautiful kids with the most notorious dealers in Detroit I'd tell you you're lying. Kamari I would believe but Ace, not so much. Mari is chill, calm and calculated with his moves—very strategic might I add. Shy, but very emotionally intelligent. Ace, a wildcard and—well, do I even need to say much he's a fire sign. That night in the diner was considered iconic, memorable even.

It triggered the beef between Mari and my brother even more, Ace and Q were allies and it only made things worse. Little did I know, the man I met that night would be someone I'd come to love for the next couple of months—a love that grew so much we created a baby girl, Alari.

•••

Kamari had not talked to Khaleesi since last night, she kept watching the clock—bored with each passing second. She was concerned, was he okay? Things got hectic, his friends dropped her off with no words—just silence. She takes another bite of her oats and chews them slowly, she just wants to be in his presence. Khaleesi hears her phone ring and jumps, she drops her spoon ignoring the loud clattering of the glass.

"Unknown caller?" She furrows her eyebrows and answers out of curiosity.

"Hello?"

"Leesi." The man's voice from last night vibrating through her ear, her mouth slightly open as she's lost on what to do. "I know you on the other side."

"How did you get my shit?"

"Calm down with all that, I just wanna talk."

"About?"

"Your brother know you fucking enemies?" She heard his footsteps walking, pacing back and forth—Khaleesi's heart dropping to the pit of her stomach.

"I'll fucking kill you if you-"

"What I say?" Khaleesi scoffs and hangs up on him out of impulse. She breathes heavily watching as he calls back, her finger pressing on the green button.

"Nigga, fuck you." Khaleesi says as quietly as she can.

"I don't think you'd be doing all that talking if we got to know each other for real. Outside, 5 minutes."