𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐈𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧

𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐎𝐕
[𝐔𝐍𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍]
𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭

𝐀 skeleton sat in the middle of an endless white location; surrounded by nearly transparent figures resembling specific characters, ones unknown to each other and themselves.

None of the others had names or, perhaps, they didn't remember them after being stranded alone for so long.

The skeleton wouldn't know as they were once just a simple observer devoid of thought and reality. They called themselves "Ink" or sometimes mentioned the name "M̶̷̲̊ͥ͋͟ȍ̸̢̢̮͚̐̚ḻ̸ͧ͑̓̓̀͡ḻ̸͈ͧ͑̓̓̀͡y̯̤͑́́̓́" when they spoke, but that was rare.

So was emotion.

Once again, for the umpteenth time, the skeleton broke one of their phalanges and watched the inky blood begin to puddle on the once pristine white floor before smearing it in an ingraceful manner.

Everyone was used to it.
That was nothing special.
"Sans" was used to it.

Drip
...
Drip
...
Drip
...

The skeleton stared at the small creation on the floor. A distant memory called it a froggit, but it was blurred once again. They knew what was to come, but they weren't ready to pay the unspoken price for it.

But why would they care?
They wouldn't.

" B e  c a r e f u l ..."
"I will."

" D o n ' t  w o r r y ... "
"I won't."

" R e m e m b e r  u s ... "
"I'll try."

Shadows of figures whispered quietly and were replied to monotonously, intentions set and suspicions growing.

The skeleton's creation faded and became nothing, it's place being taken by the blinding white once again. A sigh left the skeleton.

Drip
...
Drip
...
Drip
...

A white eyelight looked up at their ghostly friends.

Each was supportive, but saddened.
They couldn't do anything, this was as much their prison as it was the skeleton's.
A mutual understanding was built long ago.

The white became sickening, the silence became irritating, the weight of loneliness was overpowering.

Drip
..
Drip
..
Drip
..

The skeleton stood for the first time in days, weeks, months, years? No one knew. But they stood.

"Sans" had lineart, the rest did not.
"Sans" would survive, the rest would not.