The Picnic

Lena had always been afraid of love. She had seen too many people get hurt, and she didn't want to be one of them. But that all changed when she met Max. Max was funny, kind, and easy to talk to. They quickly became friends, and Lena found herself looking forward to every moment they spent together.

One day, Max took Lena on a surprise picnic. They sat on a blanket in the park, eating sandwiches and watching the clouds go by. Lena felt a warmth in her chest that she had never felt before. She realized that she was falling in love with Max.

Max must have sensed something, because he turned to Lena and took her hand. "Lena, I have to tell you something," he said. "I know we've been friends for a while now, but I can't help the way I feel about you. I think I'm in love with you."

Lena's heart skipped a beat. She had never expected to hear those words from Max. But as she looked into his eyes, she knew that he meant them.

"I think I'm in love with you too," she said, smiling.

Max leaned in to kiss Lena, and she felt her whole body tingle with excitement. From that moment on, they were inseparable. They went on long walks, watched movies together, and talked about everything under the sun. Lena had never felt so happy in her life.

Years later, Lena and Max got married in the same park where they had their first picnic. As they exchanged vows, Lena knew that she had found her soulmate. She had been afraid of love, but Max had shown her that it was worth the risk.