lacuna

lacuna
a blank space, a missing part
~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up to the sound of sizzling coming from the kitchen. Groggily, you checked the time on your phone and saw that it was already eleven in the morning. As you rubbed the sleep from your eyes, you recognized the clanging of pots and pans as Marco's signature breakfast-making symphony. Rubbing the area around your knee, you let out a groan as you forced yourself out of bed.

You made your way to the kitchen, hearing another voice alongside Marco's. Curiosity piqued your interest as you wondered who could be joining your brother for breakfast. Upon entering the kitchen, you saw a tall man with light brown hair and a slight stubble waving a spatula around while awfully singing the theme to Family Guy.

"Jean, I told you to shut up already. You're going to wake Y/n up." Marco scolded, lightly punching Jeans shoulder.

"Too late."

Both of the boys looked up at you in shock until Jean's face broke out into a wide grin.

"Y/n! How's it been? I haven't seen you in like 3 months." He asked, making eye contact with you.

"Oh you know, the usual." You shrugged, stealing a piece of bacon.

"You remember anything yet?" You shook your head no as you shove the whole piece into your mouth.

"That sucks. I'm sure they'll start popping back up eventually." Nodding your head, you shoved another piece of bacon into your mouth causing Marco to glare at you.

"Y/n stop stealing the bacon." You stole one more piece before heading towards the bathroom.

You took care of your business in the bathroom and stepped into the shower after taking your knee brace off. The warm water cascaded down your body, soothing your muscles and refreshing your mind. You took your time washing your hair and body, letting the water wash away all your worries and anxieties.

As you stepped out of the shower, you felt the warmth of the water evaporating off your skin. You grabbed a towel and dried yourself off before wrapping it around your body and placing the brace back on. You took a deep breath, inhaling the sweet scent of your shower gel that still lingered in the air and walked out of the bathroom.

Walking to your room, you noticed that the floor was littered with clothes and towels. You made a mental note to tidy up later, but as you stood in front of your mirror, you realized that your room could use a bit of cleaning as well. You put on some clothes, slipped on your slippers, and started to pick up the mess on the floor.

You gathered the dirty clothes and towels and tossed them into your hamper, and you folded and put away the clean laundry that you had neglected to deal with earlier. As you went about your tidying, you noticed how much better the room looked with everything in its place. You decided to take it a step further and started to dust off the surfaces of your dresser and bedside table.

With a cloth in hand, you carefully wiped down each surface, removing the accumulated dust and revealing the gleaming wood underneath. You took your time, enjoying the satisfaction of seeing the room gradually transform from cluttered to pristine. You even took a moment to rearrange some items, finding a new spot for your favorite framed photo and adjusting the angle of your lampshade to create a cozy ambiance.