Chapter 26: His promise

"What happened, Lisa?" Jennie Unnie asked. "You looked pabo earlier. You were so lovey-dovey but you suddenly ran away."

We just arrived at our dorm and Unnie could not take her curiosity anymore so she finally asked me.

"Unnieee! I'm so shyyy!" I jumped on the couch in our living room and hugged the pillow so tight.

"Wae? Waeee?" she sat down beside me.

"I dared to tell him I miss him in Thai because I'm confident he would not understand but Unnie, he answered me back. He only learned four Thai language phrases then I... argh! I was so embarrassed!"

Jennie Unnie chuckled and rolled her eyes. "Why so cute, maknae? While observing earlier, I thought ants were going to bite you both. Now, I understand why Rosè is so dramatic every time she mentions you and JK. I was watching how both of you create your own world as if there are no other people but only you and him. And if only feelings a show, fireworks must have fired around that time."

"Eyyy... You are exaggerating, Unnie." I scoffed. I swear I'm in total control of my feelings.

"Huh... If only you can see yourself in the mirror, Lisa-yah."

"Ehhh! Don't tease me anymore." I threw the pillow at her. "Gotta go! Thank you for coming with me. Mwa!"

I immediately ran to my room without waiting for her reply. I am so eager to finally open Jungkook's gift and know what's inside.

I couldn't stop myself from smiling and took a deep breath. There was a small box in the paper bag. No wonder it was so light.

Is he giving me a necklace or an earring? Gosh! Thinking about unintentionally losing it wretch my heart.

I will treasure this with all my heart!

"Ready... One, two, three—Shiya!" I gasped. "Omoooooo! Ottokkee???"

I can't believe it. What is the meaning of this?! Why is he giving this to me?!

Jungkook gave me a ring!

I was still in awe when a message notification pop up on my phone.

Kookie sent me a photo. It was showing his hand wearing the same ring. I gasped again.

I hurriedly took a photo of the ring and search for its information on the web. Then I found out that it was a Cartier couple rings. A couple rings!

But... we are still not a couple!

I feel so hot on my face that I fan it with my hands. I don't even know if it helps. I feel so high or something. I just can't explain what I'm feeling right now.

"So... this is why he wanted me to open this at home and why he reminded me to accept it."

Lisa, I hope you like my gift. Please don't be pressured. Again, it just represents my promise to you. I will wait, as long as you want. You can wear it or keep it hidden, it's up to you. As long as you treasure it, I will be so happy.

I was with you for just a short time. Honestly, I want to be with you so much longer but I also understand our situation. Still, I believe in the right time. We will have our 'right time', Lisa.

I'm just here, always rooting for you. Take care, please.

Lisa... mani joahae.