Chpater 8

Max basically held me, hostage, in the guest room for the rest of the party

Max basically held me, hostage, in the guest room for the rest of the party. We watched another movie and we talked about our lives back home. She refused to touch on the subject of Cole and Taylor, no matter how much I pried.

It wasn't until it reached midnight that I realized I had overstayed my welcome. When I walked outside her door, the house and backyard were empty. Silent snores could be heard in the hallways.

I tiptoed toward the stairs nimbly, like a bunny crossing a grass field.

"Why are you sneaking out?"

I yelped, jumping in the air and turning on my heels. I held my chest as I breathed in and out heavily. Reid stood in front of me his hair wet and black shorts on, no shirt.

"You're kidding me," I gritted my teeth. "I'm going home." I trotted down the stairs, Reid hot on my heels. "Why are you following me?" I said as we reached the bottom.

"Just going to the kitchen, which is downstairs Ted."

"Ted?" I raised an eyebrow.

He shrugged his shoulders, taking a hand through his wavy textured hair, "Teddys too long."

My body grew hot at the mention of my tattoo. "Stop doing that, people are going to get curious about that stupid name and ask about it."

He smirked, dropping his hand from the crook of his neck. "Don't worry, that nickname is our own private secret. I won't say it around anyone. Only when we're alone I promise."

I scowled, not feeling any better. "Whatever, if you slip up once it's your tongue," I said, finding myself at the door.

He scoffed, "What are you going to do chop it off. Ooh I'm so scared," he mocked sarcastically.

I opened the door, looking over my shoulder. A mischievous grin stretched upon my lips, causing him to stiffen in his spot. "You should be."

Closing the door I walked back to my house and thankfully the door was open.

"Hey Ted, wake up." I blinked my eyes opened to hazel eyes looming over me. I squinted, wondering if I was dreaming or not. I felt my whole body shake there and then ripping me from my sleep. "Time to drive."

"My name is Jade asshole, not Gem, not Ted, and certainly not Teddy," I grumbled, pushing the 6ft1 boy off me. "I should murder you for waking me up this early," I pointed a finger to his chest.

"Aww poor baby, did you not get enough sleep last night," he jutted his lower lip in a pout.

"Fuck off," I grumbled, moving from my spot in bed. "Grandma!" I called for her, maybe she can get me out of this.

"I actually encouraged Reid to teach you how to drive, you're 17 and need to get on your own feet. Don't make it any harder for him Jade, he's really a sweet boy taking time out of his schedule to teach you." My grandma sat on the couch, flipping a page of her magazine.