Chapter 9

Buried into the soft pillow while laying down on the couch with one arm sticking out, I felt an annoying, constant vibration which I soon realize is my cellphone. "Uhh.." I groan as I turn over to my side to grab my phone. "Oh shit. It's my mom." I face palmed myself before I got up to sit properly. "How did I even fall asleep?" I purposely ignored the call cause I hadn't yet came up with a sensible excuse yet. Once my eyes finally had completely adjusted to the light, I took a closer look at my phone.

*32 missed calls from Mom*

I sat back & looked around the unfamiliar living room to notice there were about 20 or so others passed out too, including Suho still laying there lifeless. This made me feel slightly better knowing I wasn't entirely alone. Out of curiosity, I got up to peep inside the bedrooms to see if anyone else was there & to my surprise I found the one and only Jennie.

"Jennie, wake the hell up!" I raised my voice, grabbing the girl by her shoulders beginning to shake her aggressively, until I finally heard her make a small groan. "Mmm...no mom let me sleep moreee."

Getting more frustrated, I slapped the girl on her face, leaving a red spot on her place cheeks.

"LISA? THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Jennie yelled at me, rubbing her hurt face. "Dumbass, we slept over here on accident, we need to leave NOW." "Oh my gosh." Jennie said realizing the amount of trouble she just got herself into.

"Alright, alright let's go."

Both Jennie & I ran outside back to her car leaving the rest of the sleeping teens behind. After about a 15 minute drive I reached home. At this point I wished Jennie had crashed the car cause home was the last place I wanted to be. Especially knowing how fuming my mother was going to be as soon as she lays her eyes on me.

I took the deepest breath of my life as I turned the door knob, preparing for the lecture I was about to receive.

"Lalisa Manoban."

I heard a voice coming from the living room.

"Where on earth were you? I know sure as hell it wasn't the library like you told me." She scolded with her arms crossed. "Mom I'm sorry I was just at a friends house, I felt tired & accidentally slept over. I swear on everything I didn't mean too."

"Okay well you could've answered my calls! You would've had the chance to tell me that before Lisa." I shrugged since I had nothing else to say. "Well you better go and find some breakfast because you're going to school missy." "But mom-" "Lisa. I don't want to hear it. You are going to school. Not letting you get off easy."

I hate everything.

______

These days I've been starting to question my existence. At school I'm never paying attention, I'm always tired. It doesn't help how the days are painfully repetitive. Killing just gives me that amount of excitement I need in life you know? Can you even really even blame me?

Completely ignoring the lesson my teacher was giving like usual, out of the blue I heard my name while doodling on my notebook which was basically empty of any actual useful notes.

"Lisa." "Huh? What was that?" My teacher gave me an annoyed look. "The guidance counsellor wants to speak to you Lisa." "Why would they need to talk to me?" I whispered to myself as I got up from my seat.

After roaming through the hallways to find the guidance counsellors office, since I've never been there before I finally found a door that read "Guidance Office."

"Hello Lisa!" A women with short black hair greeted me with a large smile, as she gestured me to sit down on the seat in-front of her. I was a little weirded out by the fact this lady knew my name and I've never seen her in my life. It was pretty unsettling to say the least.

"Ma'am, I don't want to be rude or anything but I have no clue why I'm here." I say with a blank stare, not hiding the uninterested look on my face whatsoever.

"Call me Miss Chin. The reason why you're here is because I've been getting many notes from teachers that you've been quite unmotivated when it comes to doing your school work." I rolled my eyes and sighed in my seat. It's not like I haven't heard this a million other times already. Why can't they just let me be in peace?

"I'm here to help you Lisa. Please give me a chance?" "Okay." I really only had said that since I really didn't have any other choice.

"Is there any personal family issues going on at home?" "No." I sighed dramatically. "Alright, how are you feeling then? Would you say you're happy? How do you usually feel throughout the week on a scale of 1-10?" "I don't know like 5. Who is really at 10 all the time?" I gave her a condescending look. "Listen Miss Chin, I understand you are trying to help but I really don't want it. I don't do my work because I don't like school I'm not depressed or anything."

She began to speak again but I got up & left the room before even having a chance to hear what she was saying.