Chapter 1: Fresh Start

New beginning, new start, new everything.

Having just moved in, it was hard enough to find a good apartment that met your standards for it to be "livable," but this felt rather cozy for being on your own for once. It was the perfect size for you with everything that you needed and the extra space just meant more room for your hobbies if anything.

Having stayed with a friend for a while, you needed your own space now that they were starting their own life with a more stable partner. It was like a breath of fresh air having a whole apartment space to yourself without people coming over and being woken up by their dog pawing at your door. You were going to miss that little stinker of a pitbull.

Breathing in that new apartment smell, the faint scent of cleaning supplies could be sensed throughout the place. With two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a kitchen that connected to the living room, it was perfect for the budget you had. Still having money put off to the side for food and any other necessities, you had taken care of just about everything. With your family and friends pitching in a bit to help buy some furniture was a huge weight taken off your shoulders too.

Now eying the many boxes scattered around, you rolled up your sleeves and pushed your hair back. This was going to be a long first day.

"Time to get crackin I suppose... now where is my speaker-"

-----

Finished getting everything sorted into their respective places, it was time to set up your computer and desk. Not having someone around to help was hard enough but a quick search online always did the trick. Being careful with your expensive baby, everything was set up and soon connected to the wifi. Hooking your console up to your TV in your bedroom and setting the rest of your electronics up, it felt like home in only a handful of tiring hours. It was a good thing you had bought some moving equipment to make pushing the heavier boxes around easier on your tired body.

Walking around to double-check that everything was in order after a hard day's work, you sighed with exhaust and headed back into the guest bedroom that you turned into your own office of sorts. Keeping your hobbies in separate areas now that you had the room to do so felt so much less suffocating. Sure you'd have guests over at some point, but your couch had a pull-out bed to sleep on that was still just as comfy as a normal bed; The countless nights of passing out on your friend's couch was proof enough.

Dropping down and leaning back in your seat in front of your computer, you could feel all the soreness and tension leave your body. Sitting there for a moment before pushing your body up to grab the mouse, you started to search for some job openings. Needing over $2k in rent wasn't cheap and you only had enough to hold you over for one maybe two months, so you needed a stable enough job to keep yourself afloat. Being the anxious planner you were when it came to important things such as money to keep a roof over your head and food in your belly, any job that paid well enough was going to be a good first choice in your eyes. Unfortunately, most jobs in the area barely paid what you needed much less wanted.

Scrolling for hours until you got your small list of job applications you were interested in, the final one was for that Mega Pizzaplex you passed multiple times when driving to get groceries or to visit who you considered family, which included any friends that lived in Utah and not across the damn world.

Reading up on the position and how much it paid, your interest was piqued when it was a daycare position.

"Do you love taking care of kids? Our daycare has a position just for you! You will be our extra set of hands for our daycare attendant Sundrop to help keep an eye on the kiddos...blah blah blah, rules on how the daycare runs... Never knew they had a robot looking after kids. Well actually, that sounds about right for an animatronic-focused company... Damn I'm tired."

Trailing off as you answered your own question, you checked the pay and it was rather decent for a company that had gotten a bad rap from so many stories and lawsuits that were either hushed or taken care of under the radar. Either way, it didn't seem unusual for them to have open positions for so many things. You took a look at the other repositions but applying to be a Daycare attendant sounded like the easiest job that didn't include screwing bolts and programming.

Now that you thought about it if you were to work with an animatronic, they were bound to teach you the basics on how to fix the robots. Groaning and placing your head on the edge of the desk, you weren't entirely thrilled with that possibility.

Propping your head up into your hand you added the link to the position onto your list and looked over every spot. The pros, the cons, the pay, the whole bit; You weren't going to risk getting yelled at by bitchy managers or employees for that matter, too much anxiety accompanied by the urge to break things. Hating most of the people from your own generation, being a daycare assistant sounded more and more like a possibility.

Leaning back with another sigh for the umpteenth time as your leg bounced under the desk, you decided to take your chances with the iffy franchise and apply. Making sure to apply for jobs with similar work hours just in case, it didn't sound too bad in all honesty. If there were animatronics that was specifically designed to take care of children, what could go wrong? After reading up on all the Glamrocks along with the new tech they were installed with, they wondered how Sundrop was. He was the main daycare attendant that was the face of the section of the website. Moondrop on the other hand didn't seem as prevalent as his sunny daycare counterpart it seemed.

Staring at the bright screen and reading up on the two, it seemed that Sundrop was the favorite around there. It made sense considering it was a "Daycare" so Moon seemed to only be useful for naptime from what you gathered. It was weird that they had two attendants yet one was only good for one thing. It felt off to you and you didn't know why. Guessing it was either part of the sketchiness of the franchise or simply because they didn't have much use for Moon, you almost felt bad for the animatronic. Why couldn't they both be used equally? It itched at your brain.

Wondering what else you could find on the two, you soon found out they were actually just one animatronic. "So a sort of Jekyll & Hyde sort of theme but silly robots for kids." You thought to yourself. So that's probably why Moon wasn't as popular as Sun...

Shaking your head to snap yourself out of your mindless rabbit hole, Sun did look more kid-friendly than Moon's design if you looked at it from a child's perspective. In all honesty, both of them looked cool and oddly adorable with their silly jester-looking outfits and bells, especially as plushies they sold online as merch. Continuing to mindlessly scroll to take your mind off the weird detail picking you did, all that you had to do now was wait to be interviewed and hope you get this first job.