Flutter butterfly

As the monitors beeped Kari began to stir from her induced coma. Her eyes slowly fluttered open wincing immediately as the bright white light shone down over her she looked to her left and realized her arm had an IV.
      She went to sit up quickly immediately regretting it as she fell back. "Ouch son of a bitch" she murmured as her hand went up to her cleanly stitched forehead.  Her eyes slowly closed again as she felt a hot liquid run in her arm and creep through her veins. 

" Mom? I'm home, school was great I go 98% on that big exam I had in math!,". "Oh hunny I'm so proud of you come here" Kari smiled softly as her mother embraced her in a deep hug wanting nothing more than her mother to be proud of her. She looked around after the embrace with her mother she saw the whole family gathered around the table with a big turkey and all types of wonderful assortments, it all smelled so good it was pleasing to the nostrils. Kari had never been happier she began to pass mashed potatoes around the table and took a few bites of dinner. It was amazing. As the night went on she was caught glancing around the room, looking at her father, she couldn't put her finger on it up something didn't feel right. She leaned over the table to grab the salt, right in front of her dad. Hands shaking the salt fell from her hand, glass shattering and white salt residue all over the floor. She couldn't un-see the horror. Her dads face wasn't there it was simply blanked out. As her beautiful dream twisted into a nightmare, all the horrors she had once lived as a child hoping to escape, reclaimed her mind running through like a flickering film all at once. "Daddy no, no no no nonononono"
           was all the scientists heard both tony and Bruce not knowing what happened they tried to sedate her further. Kari began furiously tossing and turning.  "Tony she going to rip that Iv out! That's the strongest sedative we have and she's wearing it off like it's some kind of ibuprofen!" Bruce worked around the tossing woman on his many machines lots of them giving error codes with flashing warnings.
      It was at that very second she woke up. Panting Kari shot up out of the hospital bed looking around frantically like a caged animal her eyes met tony as he froze and she seemingly calmed down.  
"Well that was erratic how's the corporate feeling now?" Tony shook off the fear raised his eyebrow and glared.   "I um I are you Mr.Stark? Oh my god I'm a big fan huge in fact! Oh I love your creations and the new tech your creating" she stammered.

  "Well Tony looks like you have a new fan how's that fan club going anyways" Bruce laughed as he exited the room leaving a pouting tony Stark.    
         "It's ah actually going really well thanks for that doc, don't piss him off by the way while I am a fan of the huge green rage monster he turns into I'm not a fan of replacing my shit"
"with in ear shot tony with in ear shot" the doctor yelled making Kari chuckle.
Tony stood by the foot of her bed looking down. "So how'd you get that forhead cut anyways? You some kind of runaway?" He half joked. Kari still adjusting to the bright light beeping monitor and such mumbled off a
    "yeah actually funny story, I mean about the run-run away I Um- spent the last couple nights in some tiny motel type a thing and had like no real food, left most of my stuff at there house and then, and then -nnnn, ah ended up here? Yah that about covers it." Tony eyed the teen
"Do you remember anything else like coming here for a job interview or that sort of thing? And what do you mean there house?"

The heart monitor started beeping pretty frantically. "I uh you see it's ah, hmmm." Kari falling flat for words. "It's your mom. Isn't it" a firm voice came in from the door making kari jump. "Captain I uh how did you know? I mean from what I've heard your mother was nothing but nice how would you have any clue" she gave the blue eyed soldier a perplexed look. "I'm not sure maybe Tony would know though, get better soon kid" cap walked out of the room on a brisk pace. Leaving tony and the "kid" alone "excuse me a minute will you?"
    And with that tony was off on his heels to nab the captain
"Capcicle what was that all about? Huh? Seriously real mature" tony rolled his eyes
"She has a right to know tony, and you sure as hell weren't about to tell her! I can't believe this tony you have a daughter, and she somehow found you and yet seems completely clueless to the fact, she's been through hell tony the last thing she needs is any big theatrical moment from you. I have an assignment I'll see you around" cap patted Tony's shoulder

Meanwhile back in Karis hospital room she flicked the tv on and what she saw was less than settling...
"The teenage girl was last seen June 15th around the woodbine area a couple hours outside of New York City. There has been an update and it appears she has a minor gash on her forehead and is injured here's what her mom has to say." "She's a bright girl I just hope she's somewhere safe and isn't injured if you can here me baby please come home I miss you" "well there you have channel 5 evening news"

She sighed hoping to relieve her tired lungs, she had just hoped no one in the tower had seen, she couldn't bare to go back and the humiliation of her mother "missing her" it was all but enough...

An: hey guys thank you so much for reading I hope it's enjoyable I'm learning as I go if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know I'm writing this on an old iPhone 5 that seems to have something against me! Hopefully autocorrect didn't do me too dirty lol anyways enjoy!