Old Ties

My name is Aria Montgomery. I live with my mother, Ella. My father, Byron. And my brother, Mike.
We're not a particularly large family, but we sure are a complicated one!
However, what would you do if you just discovered a secret about your family that turned your life upside down? Would you react like I did?
Well, I guess if you wanted to know the answer to that, you'd have to hear my story.

It all started on a summer morning, I was home alone whilst my family was out. I was sick that day.
That was when i heard it, it sounded like someone rummaging through our things!
I grabbed a knife from the kitchen, and slowly walked towards the noise that was coming from the attic.

Piper POV:

I was home alone, my husband and children had gone out for the day, and I decided to contact my sisters for the first time in years.
"Leo!" I called up into the air, and just moments later the familiar bright white orbs descended, leaving my true love standing by me.
"Piper! I was starting to worry you'd never call me again" Leo said. He was as handsome as ever, and he had that little smirk on his face that he got whenever he saw me. I knew he was truly happy to see me.
"You know I wouldn't be able to leave you forever" I pulled him into a hug as I spoke, not kissing him. I may have been in love with him, but I am not a cheater. "Can you help me find some candles? I want to talk to Phoebe and Paige"
I started rummaging through the crates hidden underneath the carpets and old curtains that were left lying around up in the attic.
Leo helped me look too, and after we had gathered them all I pulled up a floorboard to reveal the Halliwell Book of Shadows underneath.
"It's been a long time buddy" I pick up the book of shadows, and brush off the layer of dust that has collected on top of it, and start setting up for the spell.
"Power of the witches rise, course unseen across the skies..."

Aria POV:

I slowly started to push the door open, and saw my... mom? She was talking, and there was a man next to her?
"Piper..?" The man spoke, looking at me holding a knife in the doorway
What I saw next shocked me the most. My mom threw her hand up and pointed it towards the man, and suddenly he froze. He couldn't move. He couldn't speak. Nothing.
My mom stopped speaking and I saw swirling lights in front of her, making me drop the knife out of my hand. Somehow, it didn't make a sound as it hit the floor.

Two women, translucent women, were suddenly standing in front of my mother in our attic. How were they there??? What is going on?!

The world seemed to fade away as the women communicated with my mom, I could hardly make out what they were saying. Just small pieces. "Piper!..astral...so long!..Leo frozen?...missed...kids...better lives..."
I was going crazy, wasn't I? First of all, I saw my mother freeze a man, I heard him say a name I hadn't heard before, and I saw 2 women appear out of thin air.
Either way, I had to figure out what was going on, I shook myself back to consciousness and went to confront her.

Piper POV:

"Phoebe! You look so young, what have you been doing to your skin to keep it so smooth?" I lightly held my cheek
"Well when you're married to Cupid he'll do anything to make sure you love yourself, even travel across the world just to pick up face cream" she giggled, but then her eyes shifted to right behind me and she went silent

"Mom?"

A/N:
I know it's not much story to go off for now! And trust me, it will get better over time. Right now though, I'm so busy I'm really sorry! Please forgive me 🙏