Persuade Mama Midoriya

Required! Please write your quirk on the provided space below. Note: To enter UA you must have a registered quirk.

My quirk is: ________________________________________________________

My quirk's ability/abilities is/are: ___________________________________

You'd think an arsenal of illegal weaponry would be a lot harder to acquire when you're a fourteen year old teenager with self-esteem issues. Izuku guesses he just got lucky this time – so far, nobody from the police has stormed into his bedroom and no shady characters have been lurking around his house. His mother was a bit shocked at the sudden amount of delivered packages but it's nowhere near the insanity that was his Heroicon online shopping phase in which he'd bought like three new pieces of All Might merchandise every single day until his mom had forbidden him from pick-pocketing assholes on the street.

He kneels at the foot of his bed, his twitchy fingers touching the sniper rifle gently. As soon as his fingertips grace the cold metal, Izuku snaps his hand back as if he's been burnt. Oh god. Now the thought really sinks in. He's sitting here – here, right on his All Might carpet (Limited Edition, obviously) – and there's a bloody goddamn gun in front of him.

Izuku feels like a soon-to-be school shooter... and he's going to be one. Not in the classic sense of the word, mind you, but if one broadens the definition the boy definitely could be counted as such.

Once again his fingers tentatively grace the black metal and a shuddery sigh tumbles out of his mouth. "I'm going to be a hero." he whispers to himself, picking up the rifle, "I'm going to become the best hero I can be."

His gaze snaps to the various knives and to the single katana which are spread in an impressive array on the floor. Didn't the Hero Killer have a similar ensemble? Well, Izuku will be a hero – he won't murder somebody with his weapons... not in cold blood at least. And it's not as if the quirks of heroics students weren't oftentimes much more dangerous than a katana. Yes, he lets out a deep breath and smiles shakily, Kacchan's explosions are just as destructive!

Izuku closes his eyes, going through the plan once more before he opens them again, green irises shining with determination.

"Mom?" he calls out loud and waits for the telltale footsteps.

Midoriya Inko opens the door of her son's room –

- and promptly begins shrieking ear-splittingly. "I-Izukkun?! What the hell are you doing with that gun?! WHY DO YOU HAVE A GUN?!"

The green haired boy gives her an encouraging thumbs-up gesture. "Mom!" Izuku says, "Isn't the doctor who's in your debt also the one who diagnosed me as quirkless?"

His mother steadies herself on the doorframe. Her face is pale and grows only whiter with the question. "W-Why do you want the doctor gone?" she stutters breathlessly.

Oh. Izuku realizes he maybe should have worded that better... like... a lot better. "Nonono! That's not what I – argh! You know I-I...I w-wanna be a hero, right? A-And so I kinda thought to myself hey, let's just try out the UA entrance exam. But then I saw that I really need a quirk to even try out and I... I don't know why I thought this was a good idea, honestly." He lowers the rifle in shame, blinking to stop the oncoming stream of tears.

"Oh Izukkun..." his mom says softly, finally (somewhat) understanding the situation. She manoeuvres through the field of knives and draws him into a warm embrace. "I... Please tell me what you want me to do here. I want to help you, dear... I know I haven't been the most supportive but... well... now that I've seen what lengths you'd go to become a hero..." she sniffles, motioning the rifle closer with her quirk, "I want to help you."

Izuku gasps. "You... really, mom?"

"Yes. I don't want you getting into trouble because you've clearly bought all of these from a very much illegal source." his mother chides, playfully pinching his cheek.

The boy blushes lightly. "U-Um... could you please... maybe... eh... I don't know... convincethedoctortoletmechangemyquirkstatus?"

Inko blinks, caught off-guard. But yearlong exposure to Izuku's mumbling have sharpened her ears and quickened her mind so she answers: "I think I could definitely try. I won't promise anything, dear, but... ah... let's just see how it goes, alright?"

Her son beams, hugging her tighter. Internally, Izuku guiltily checks off the box next to 'Make mom emotional by bringing up wanting to become a hero/Convince her to cash in on the debt for saving the doctor from a falling brick (which I definitely didn't throw out of the window myself)'. He's kind of starting to feel like a psycho.

Alas, it's all for the greater good.