Night of the ceremony | Eren

fluff.

edited.

You and Eren had been best friends for the longest time. You met him through his father, Doctor Jaeger, after your family came down with an serious deadly illness. At the time you found him to be annoying, loud and plain stupid. But your views about him would change after the day when humanity realised, they were bound to loose against them.

Your opinion on Eren was now different since you joined the trainee corps at 12 years old after 2 years of settlement. You didn't know why you suddenly saw him that way despite hating him for the longest time, so you blamed it all on your hormones.

Three years passed and you finally graduated from the trainee corps. You ended up second place right after Mikasa who obviously was first place out of ten. During the night of the ceremony, Eren invited you for a walk together outside the camp. Though it was against the rules to do so, you couldn't deny the offer of going out with your crush for a little walk. It sounded romantic and like music to your ears so you gladly took up the offer.

"Congratulations on second place." He smiled at you while poking your face with his index finger annoyingly. You took his hand away from your face and poked him back on his neck this time as a form of revenge. "Thanks, and quit poking me idiot." You giggled while Eren simply laughed as you continued walking out the camp.

You watched the lanterns by the path cast a beautiful neon yellow colour that lit up his glistering titan green hues as he lightly smiled at you. The colour also gave his fair ivory pretty skin a pretty golden glow as we walked. 

Eren noticed you checking him out and let out a flustered cough as he looked away flattered by your actions. He felt butterflies fill his stomach as the tip of his nose and ears turned red. You both sighed realising how hopeless you both were and looked back to each other. "Congrats on sixth." You changed the topic. "Thank you. It's not as good as second but I'm glad I got higher than that Jean bastard." He grinned, clearly feeling a little proud of his accomplishment.

Then suddenly, he grabbed onto your hand and began running while locking his fingers into yours tighter. He led you to a nearby cliff which gave you a breath taking view of the city of Trost district.  "We're here." He pointed as he let go of your hand. You beamed in excitement. as the dimmed lighting of the city reflected into your hues.

"Woah!" You yelled out while facing him. "This is beautiful Eren, how'd you find this place?" You took both his hands into yours with an enthusiastic look in your eyes.  "Reiner and Bertolt took me here once with Armin so every since then, I come here when I'm stressed out." He let out a small huff as a smile creeped onto his pretty pink lips.

"Why'd you take me here though?" You raised a brow as you looked out to the view once more. Eren sighed and let go of your hand then motioned you to sit down next to him. You followed his order and crossed your legs next to him while still keeping your eye on the city bellow.

"I just wanted to surprise you, since this is our last day here." He said, you nodded and looked back at him only to catch him already staring. But you didn't look back this time, you forced yourself to hold eye contact with him without getting flustered. Eren's green irises and smile radiated with happiness and excitement "You're so sweet, Eren..." You smile He nervously laughed as a hue of pink showed on his face for the third time that night.

"Y/n." He called you. You hummed softly as you watched his pupils dilate while he looked into your eyes. "Yes?"

"I think, I'm in love with you." He blurted out as if he was saying everything that came out his head like a drunken man. "I really do, ever since we were kids, I always had an eye on you. You're just so beautiful, cool and admirable." He continued. "I don't know how much longer I can bottle these feelings up."

Your irises twinkled as a grin came from one ear to another. You reached your hand to his jaw up to his cheeks then your thumb gazed his bottom lip carefully, maintaining the heavy eye contact between you two. "Eren." You chanted. "I love you too and I'm glad you feel the same." Your voice came out soft and tenderly.

Eren also smiled as his face turning somewhat redder than previously. You cupped his cheeks softly and slowly began leaning in for a kiss. Eren shut his eyes instinctively and same with you, letting yourself grow closer and closer to his lips. Then finally, your lips met, you kissed him for almost ten seconds before pulling away.

But Eren wasn't done. He hugged you causing you both to fall into an extremely awkward position with him on top of you. "I love you so much." He said going back to kiss you once again. Seconds felt like hours. Every time Eren pulled away, he'd pull you back into another kiss. It was as if he was addicted to your lips.

You both continued kissing on the ground, ignoring the awkward positioning while enjoying each other's company. Your little moment was interrupted by two shadows appearing in the distance. Both of them stopped once they got a sight of what was going on between both you and Eren. You both pulled away, Eren jumping away from you and you standing up as if nothing happened.

"Uhm..."

"What. The. Fuck."

---