Chapter 1

Flashback
Sam walked down the stairs of his home. He stopped dead in his tracks halfway down when he saw Hayley.
"Hayley?" He said in complete shock.
"Why are you looking at me like that Sam?"
"Because you're dead."
"Dead?" She laughed. "Stop being silly." "I would never leave you." "Guess what." "I'm pregnant, we're having a baby." "I can't wait to tell Harlie." Sam's eyes filled with tears and he started to cry. "Why are you crying?"
"This isn't real." "You're not here," "I want this to be real." "I miss you so much...
Sam woke up. He hated dreams like that. He had them often. It was the middle of the night and storming outside. Sam got up and went into the bathroom. He washed his face, looked at himself in the mirror and took a deep breath  Ten seconds after getting back in bed, five year old Harlie came running into the room. She was a mini Hayley.
"Daddy I'm scared." She said.
"Wanna sleep in here with me?"
"Yeah." She got in the bed. There was a loud crack of lightning. Harlie hugged Sam hard.
"It's ok Harlie, daddy's got you."
The next morning Harlie and Sam went down to the kitchen for breakfast.
"Smiley face pancakes?" Sam asked.
"Yeah."
Sam hadn't dated since Hayley's death. Everyone kept telling him he should move on but he couldn't. He was still in love with Hayley.
Later that day Sam was looking for something. He opened a junk drawer. When he did he saw a brochure for a support group for people who had lost their spouses. He was aware of the group for about a year but never went. When he moved the brochure he saw Hayley's ring that had said Someday on it. He hadn't seen it in years. He picked it up and broke down crying.