Prologue

Hello everyone! I'm back to posting chapters and stories.

Something interesting has happened. I came across a fest, a writing fest organized by a Facebook group. And the concept of the fest is to select a prompt out of the 60 or so available and write a story based on the prompt.

The name of this Fest is "Meet Cute – Meet Ugly" and as the title suggests, it revolves around one of the most common tropes in Movies, Television and in general fictional history. Me being me, I chose to participate in this Fest and I chose a prompt.

The funny thing was, the idea I came up with did not adhere to the rules of the fest. Hence, I had to choose a different prompt. Guess what? Now I have 2 stories, one that is going to be part of the fest and another, that is going to be on its own, but yet has an interesting idea.

Now, coming to this story. This story is a short story. This one only has 4 chapters and a bonus chapter. And yes, this is the one that is going to be part of the fest.

I have titled this story, "The Dreamt Reality"!

Here is the prompt I chose: "Character A and Character B both use their barista at the local coffee shop as a low-cost psychologist, now the barista is trying to hook them up because they could be perfect together and the barista is really ready to get back to their actual job"

When I first saw this prompt, I was surprised that I hadn't seen it earlier. If I had, I would have definitely chosen this first. The idea of having a psychologist, or a psychiatrist or simply the idea of someone trying to unravel the workings of someone's brain has so much potential. Coupled with the concept of Romance, this idea was extremely irresistible.

Pairing – Hannah Abbott & Ernie Macmillan

Now, the thing is, this story will be rated M eventually when I post the bonus chapter. Until then, there aren't many themes or stuff that happens in the story that I could call inappropriate for the younger audience. There are of course subtle indications to things, but come on, who are we kidding? Everybody knows everything...

Anyway, that is the end of my ramblings. So, stay tuned, hope you like this story and enjoy it as much as I did writing it.

PS – Like always, leave your thoughts and comments. All appreciation, criticism, and debates are welcome.