sick love

cw! lots of smut...you have been warned

You loved Wilbur. From the day you met him to the day he took his last breath, your heart was his.

The day you met had been sunny, when Fundy was still young and the revolution seemed promising. Golden hour was about to descend and you peeked past L'manberg's walls to see the new country you had heard whispers of.

Of course, Tommy rang the bell for an intruder, and you were taken into a dirty little van in the middle of a valley.

Then, you had seen him for the first time. Dark blue uniform, with shining golden and brass lapels, a big, black hat, and adorable chocolate ring curls. He was tall and imposing, but he didn't intimidate you at all.

Your interrogation turned into him flirting with you, and flirting turned into a several-year-long relationship where you became a stepmother and the first lady of a country.

And then it all comes crashing down like a tower.

Schlatt comes, and you lose your husband.

He wasn't dead in Pogtopia, but he certainly wasn't your husband either.

"You just don't understand!" He would whine like a child.

His last words to you haunted you the most. After he had told you to stay in the ravine and not leave until the fighting was over.

"Chaos is what killed the dinosaurs, darling. Just- whatever happens, I love you."

Prime, you could hear that echo of his last 'I love you' anytime you thought about it.

But you carried on. You built a tiny cottage near your brother-in-law, Techno. You visited Niki, Jack, Fundy, Tommy, and Tubbo. You started taking care of the odd little enderman boy named Ranboo. You made yourself useful and caring, like you had been when you were first lady.

Ghostbur was your biggest challenge, but it wasn't long before he was just another kid to you. You saw as much of your Wilbur in him as you saw in Fundy. That compassion and easy conversation that Wilbur had when you first met.

Then, you get a message on your communicator one day.

It's from Tommy, so of course you don't look immediately. He messages you all the time, so you don't worry.

Then, one from Tubbo. And one from Ranboo. And one from Jack.

Jack's makes you stop in your tracks. Jack never messages you. He hates the messaging system and he hates needing others even more. 

So you open the little message and the two words make your heart shatter.

"Wil's back."

You immediately go into panic mode. You lock the front door first, and then the windows. You shut off the lights, close the blinds, and hide. You curl up in the closet and try not to cry or make noise.

You know that you can't go back to Pogtopia. To the erratic behavior, the yelling, the dynamite. 

"Honey, I'm home!" A loud voice booms. The voice is unmistakable, and you suddenly remember a story he told you about picking the lock of his window when he was grounded as a teenager.

You whimper and cup your hands around your mouth. Please, please, please.

But he finds you anyway, and the closet door creaks open.

Wilbur's hair is crazy. He has a bandage around his arm.

"Oh, darling." He bends to his knees and sweeps you up in his arms. You love his hugs, and always have. He's so long and warm that he fully enwraps you.