Wait, We're Soulmates!? (2)

(Angst warning! Blood and injury! I promise the next chapter will have comfort!)

Zuke used to wonder if he caused his soulmate to suffer, due to his own chronic pain, but it barely held a candle to whatever his soulmate went through, apparently. 

He didn't know what the deal with his soulmate was, but every so often, everything, no joke, EVERYTHING would hurt. Immensely.

It was for short periods of time, but it was awful. The first time it happened, he thought they died.

Well, they didn't, which was good, but that brought extra pain over the years.

Then, the revolution began.

Zuke and Mayday were glad that they'd been lucky enough for that pain spike to not happen so far, but the fear loomed over them the entire time. Because the pain would be so bad at times, that Zuke couldn't move, and his back would do that sometimes already, so this just doubled it. 

Then, there they were on top of 1010's limo. 

"Haters gonna hate. We show up, we get the sexy mission done. You better put on your tactical thermal goggles, because we're gonna bring the heat!"

Zuke didn't bother stopping his eye roll. Why did Mayday like these guys again?

He didn't have time to dwell on it, as they very quickly opened fire. Lasers shot from their fingers, Mayday and Zuke dodged accordingly.

Mayday smashed the white android to pieces, only for a flying factory to make a new copy. And it didn't help with Mayday rambling about hanging out with them and how sexy they were.

Great. Of course this was going to be difficult.

The biotactical shields 1010 possessed only made things harder, leading to Zuke having to dodge roll almost constantly, which wasn't great on his back, but was manageable.

But after some time it started slowing him down. Thankfully, Mayday was as energetic as ever, and it seemed like most of the Androids were focused on her. 

Then, he locked eyes with the red android. Who seemed to have been watching him from a distance. 

Then, before Zuke could properly react-

"Load and shoot~!"

*BANG!*

A burning impact collided with Zuke's stomach, knocking the air out of him.

He fell back onto the ground with a gasp. His eyes looked up at the night sky as the limo sped onwards. 

Everything around him seemed to fade, his ears rang loudly, drowning out any other sounds to an unintelligible muffle.

Instinct took over, he rolled onto his side, and his hands pressed against his injured abdomen, he snapped somewhat back to reality when he noticed his hands felt damp. 

He pulled one hand away from his torso to look at it.

Even with his vision darkening and blurring, he could see it.

It was covered in blood. His blood.

Oh god… he's been shot.

Eloni had to bite his nonexistent tongue to stop himself from swearing. His back started hurting again, thanks a lot, soulmate. Now wasn't a good time!

It was only a matter of time before it slowed him down, and he knew it'd make him a liability.

Just then, he received a message from his brother Zimelu. It pinged in his software, like a notification in his head.