Chapter 8 almost

I braced myself for the hit then I heard a knock on the door, The door squeaked under each nock. My dad quickly retracted his hand afraid that somebody would see him hurting my frail figure. He swore under his breath and lumbered towards the bent wooden door. He extending his arm and twisted the rusty old handle. I stood there awkwardly my good eye darting back and forth. A woman stood ther obviously shocked about my dads appearance or mine...I wasn't sure. Then I noticed she was wearing a bright blue police outfit. My dad must of noticed too because his bloodshot eyes widened inteansly, it almost looked like they would pop out of his sockets. I stood staring as I figited with my hands, in the progress reoping cuts from my dad. I looked up and saw my dad almost trembling in fear it was as if no one was going to speak. Final the police woman started her glossy red lips forming the sylabals, "the neighbors called down at the station" she began her voice as smooth as butter but also firm "they said they had heard screaming and the slapping of skin.." She said looking down at a document that sat in her pale hands. My dads face friend red but it quickly left his cheeks. "Oh yes that" he began, he sounded confidant but I could still hear the fear the rolled off his tongue like a wave. "My son fell off his bike and hit his head pretty bad in the process." The police woman nodded her blond locks bobbing up and down with her before she gestered for him to continue. My dad opened his mouth allowing more lies Rockne rushing out like a surging storm. "He screamed as he fell and landed on the pavement, I came out to come help him." He finished looking satisfied with himself like he had just had his first 'poo in the potty.' The police woman gazed over my dads shoulder and at me, I stood awkwardly and extending a shaky hand slowly waving at her. "Looks like he had a bad fall" she commented before digging in her sachal that was full of random documents. "Aha" she said and pulled out a certain document and passed it over to my dad, it read 'concution awareness.' My dad grasped the paper already crumpling the new information. "Watch for a concussion on him." She said Cooley gesturing towards my swollen face. I managed a light smile at her and continued to watch. My dad nodded still keeping a confident gaZe but his announce seemed to seep through more and more. He thanked her and closed the door as she walked to her car. He waited until he heard her roll away before crumpling the paper in his hands and dropping it on the floor. I sighed and picked it up and threw it away watching him walk off and mumble strange words under his breath.