Chapter 3: Theme Park

The gravel crunched beneath my feet as I took an early morning jog, it was a crisp morning, the dew of the grass lining the path brushed against my ankles. My breath spiralled in the cold air. I slowed down as I approached, Café Spire, I walked inside. A gentle bell jingled as the door hit it, I smiled as the sweet smell of coffee hit me.

Reaching the counter, I waited patiently for the barista to turn around. After a while they finally did.

"Hi Tom" I said casually. Then double took at his shocked face. "Wait, I didn't know you worked here!"

"No one was meant to know..." he trailed off.

"Oh. I can leave if you want" I smiled, turning to leave.

"No. Please stay, I mean. What would you like?" Tom smiled.

"A large hot chocolate with extra marshmallows please" I ordered before finding a seat. The best thing about burning calories is eating them all back. I pulled out my phone and saw a text from Adryan.

A: My mates want to know if you want to go to theme park with us? You can bring some of your friends if you like xx

V: Sounds good. I don't have any friends so it'll just be me. :)

A: They'll enjoy your company more than anyone else's so it's better this way. Where are you? I'll pick you up xx

I can't expose Tom's secret job, but it's so far from the dorms. The sacrifices you make for a friend.

I quickly drank all of my hot chocolate and paid. As soon as I got out of the café I began sprinting towards the dorm. A stitch appeared out of nowhere halfway to my destination. I cursed beneath my breath but carried on running.

Twenty minutes later, I collapsed onto the ground in front of my dorm. The cold pebbles were like heaven on my sweaty skin.

" Err... hello?" I heard Adryan's voice say reluctantly. I propped my self onto my elbows and nodded in greeting. I was so tired I couldn't even wave.

"I'll be five minutes, just let me get up" I attempted standing but my legs immediately hated me for it, so I flopped back onto the ground. "Actually make that twenty"

I felt myself slowly being raised off the ground in strong arms. As I comfortable as I was I couldn't let him walk up 15 flights of stairs with me in his arms.

"Adryan, you can't carry me up the stairs, I simply won't allow it" I demanded crossing my arms.

"Who said we are going up the stairs?" Adryan replied.

"What, can you fly or something? Cuz that would be super cool" I ranted.

"I can do something even better."

We reached the back of the dorms, a wooden door held together by rusting black beams of iron. He pushed the door open with the flat of his trainers. Behind the door couldn't be more different to the door its self, a modern lift was placed right in the middle of the large room. Golden light cast onto the closed door. It was hard to believe this was hidden, I mean, how is this possible?

Adryan bent down so I was level with button that opened the lifts. It bleeped gently then the doors prised themselves apart. We stepped in, me still in his arms, not that I was complaining. As we ascended, I asked "How do you know so much about this building?"

"My dad built it" He explained filled with pride.

"But I thought it was an old building?" I wondered.

"Its just made to look that way, I'll tell my dad that, he'll be pleased it looks as intended" Adryan smiled. Just then the lift doors opened into a cleaners closet. This didn't seem to phase him and he simply carried on till we reached my dorm.