Part 1 - Eliza's POV

I was being shaken awake. By who? I opened my eyes and saw my father. I looked at the clock. It was 6:30. I had an hour to get ready. My father told me to hurry up for my first day of school. I got up, turned on the light and shut the door. I rubbed my eyes and stood infront of my dresser. What could I wear? I groaned. Of course I have to dress nice, since it's the first day, and I want a good first impression. I threw on a nice outfit and ran downstairs.

                                                                    Outfit ^^^"Finally! Your bus comes in a few minutes! Hurry!" My father said

                                                                    Outfit ^^^

"Finally! Your bus comes in a few minutes! Hurry!" My father said.

"Okay," I said while gathering my books and dumping them in my bag.

Angelica came running downstairs and gave me a peck on the cheek.

"Good luck!" She said, smiling.

"Tell Peggy I said good luck! Grade 10 is the worst," I said, grabbing my lunch and throwing it in my bag.

"Alright," She laughed while waving to me while I walked out the door.

I ran outside just in time. My bus was pulling up to my house just as I got to the end of my driveway. I was kind of thankful I lived on a road and not in a neighborhood. I didn't want to go 50 different places before school. I got on the bus and walked straight to the back so I could avoid any conversation. I sat in the 2nd to last seat and got comfortable. I put my bag on the floor and pulled out my phone and earbuds. I pulled a playlist and looked out the window. I put my feet up on the seat and then felt a pair of eyes on me. I looked up and saw a boy around my age smiling.

"Mind if I sit here?" He asked.

"No, go ahead," I responded putting my feet back on the ground to make room for the boy.

"I'm Alex, what's your name?" He asked.

"I'm Eliza. Nice to meet you!" I smiled. 

I pulled up my texts and saw a message from Laffayette, my friend. 

𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘬𝘪𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘶 𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘻𝘢?

𝘏𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘈𝘭𝘦𝘹. 𝘐'𝘮 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘸. 𝘕𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥. 𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶?

𝘯𝘰 𝘪 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘶𝘳 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

𝘈𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴. 🤪

The bus stopped. I looked out the window and saw we got to school. I couldn't wait to get to class. I grabbed my bag and stood up, waiting for Alex to get in the isle. Thankfully, John let Alex infront of him. I waited till we were off the bus to whipser in John's ear.

"New crush?" I snickered.

"No-" he whisper yelled.

We went to our classroom and talked until the teacher walked in.

--------------------SKip class bc im lazy AF--------------------

I grabbed my lunch and walked over to John, Hercules and Lafayette. I sat down and took out my sandwich. Before biting it, I looked up and saw Alex. 

"Mind if I sit here? You guys have been the nicest to me so far," He said smiling.

"Not at all. It's nice to get a new friend," I replied.

"Thanks," He said. 

"Soo...where are you from- wait, where's your lunch?" I asked.

"I forgot it and I don't have any lunch money," He replied, smiling while scratching the back of his head.

"You can have my lunch. I only ever eat my sandwich anyway," I said.

"Thanks," He said, clearly embarrased.

"No problem. Your new!" I smiled.

"Can...I have your phone number?" He asked, bright red.

"Sure! Let me have your phone," I said holding out my hand. He handed it over and I added my number and handed it back to him.

-------------------Skip lunch cuz I'm lazy again------------

I walked to history class smiling. This was my favorite topic. I sat down in an empty seat and saw Alex walk in. I smiled at him. 

"Okay, everyone. We are going to be doing a project. I've assigned your partners. Alex, your with Eliza," And she contined until she finished. "We're making a little display of your favorite historic event. Like every year, Eliza and her partner normally do something related to the Revolutionary War, so that's taken. figure it out and I'll see you tomorrow. Bye," She said right before the bell rung.

"Is it okay with you if we do that?" I asked Alex as we walked out of class.

"Yeah, it's fine. Cya on the bus!" He said before walking off.

________________________________

(740 words)

I like this. Do you? I do :)