Part 1

Author's note:

This story is actually set in an alternative universe, very similar to the present day. The boys are older than they are now and the concept of the entertainment industry is close to how we know it today.

This story is rated PG-13 (for now) for its coarse language.

I normally upload the new chapters first on my original site: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/909986 

Part 1

"Did I get it?" the sound of a melodious and slightly agitated voice came from a small, slightly panic stricken young woman. She rushed into the small office of her manager, breathless and somewhat excited.

"Did I get it? Did I get it?"

Her manager struggled to get up to fix himself from procrastinating at his desk as the young woman walked in, all flustered. He looked at her with a side eye.

"No, you didn't okay," he responded in a disappointed voice. "You should really learn to knock April."

April opened her mouth in surprise when she heard the news came out from her manager's mouth. Mr. Kim watched as April shrunk slowly to the couch next to her. She looked so dejected, her long black hair flowing down her face.

"Hey, don't look so disappointed. There's always another time," Mr. Kim said as he ruffled his messy hair, his aging face wrinkled as he spoke.

April looked up suddenly and stared at her manager in disbelief. "We can't keep going like this," she said as she shook her head. "How many more auditions do I have to go through and all I get is a no here a no there. How many more rejections am I supposed to face? It's been two years, am I just going to pretend that didn't happen?"

Mr. Kim gave a nervous laughter and April just slumped back to the couch, her mouth hanging open and her body lifeless. Rejection was a very familiar concept for a rookie wannabe actress. She struggled to find a decent job. April never had a big break. She only got small roles in some unpopular sitcoms. How was she supposed to escalate her career if this was the road she was on for two whole years?

"Don't fret hey," Mr. Kim responded, waving his hands in front of him. "There's another opening soon. See look."

Mr. Kim threw down a large envelope on the coffee table in front of April and pointed to it. "It's another drama, apparently the director is-"

"What's the point," April said in a weak tone, interrupting Mr. Kim. "I'm just going to get rejected again."

"April, don't give me that attitude."

"But really, all I'm going to do is just go there to audition and won't even last 10 seconds before they send me home."

Mr. Kim sighed. He scratched his head. The company he built was small, almost non-existent. He struggled to get his artists a gig and he kept on getting rejections and less and less offers; the company may just go down in flames. Nobody would ever know they existed. There were only two more artist under his belt. They were both comedians. April was his only actress.