Influence

Everyone does dumb things when we are young, some just dumber than others.

Peter and his friend john had always been together. Best of friends, inseparable some would say. Never would they think anything could get between them.

It was a normal day for the two young jocks. Everyday after school they'd go to the supermarket run by a old couple, buy a couple of pops and snacks, then head back to either of their houses. Depends on who's parents were making better dinner. Today was going to be no different.

It was weird at first. They both knew what they were about to do, and without a word said, they had five 6-packs of pop in their duffel bags. They bought their usual things to make it not seem suspicious. Once they got home they vowed to never do it again. And yet, for two weeks straight, they stole, and stole, and stole. Over, and over, and over again. Peter wasn't feeling right about it, and didn't think they should go through with it anymore.

"I think we should stop john. Sooner or later we are going to get caught. And i'm not sure about you, but if we get caught, being kicked off the team won't be the worst thing happening to us,"

John didn't care to listen.

Later that afternoon, Peter got a call from the principal asking him about John.

"Are you aware of what situation your buddy John is in right now?" asked the principal.

Peter nodded yes.

"Did you have anything to do with John?"

Peter nodded no.

"Well. he already told us that he did it by himself. He has been given a 2 month suspension and 4 months of community service. I'd steer clear of his path, he didn't  seem to intrigued to hear about this."

Not a word.

We had always smiled, shook hands, said something in the halls to eachother. But not now. Didn't even look at eachother. Not any acknowledgment to one another at all.

Graduation came by later and what we had planned never came true. We were gonna go and get drunk together and do dumb stuff for finishing school, but not anymore.

We seen eachother a bit later at a party, and of course, John was mega drunk. He got a glance of peter and came to see him. "You k is what you did you selfish jerk, this is all your fault!"
he said while tripping over his words. John spat and took another breath, "You're not who i thought you were,". "You neither".