› i'll be there ‹

> warning : curses, violence and blood

> angst and fluff
> inspired by ashfall and sinkhole.
> plot; an earthquake struck korea out of a sudden. y/n is a firefighter coming to save her sick girlfriend.

- 🧸 -

- third person pov -

"wonyoung, i'm home!" y/n shouted and closed the door, not forgetting to lock it as she walks to their shared bedroom to see wonyoung.

she finds wonyoung still on their shared bed. a blanket was wrapped around her trembling body, eyes closed, and heavy breathing of her calling y/n's name was all y/n could hear.

"wonyoung, i'm here..." y/n sits on the bed beside her. she places her hand on wonyoung's forehead; the fever did not subside yet. she has had a fever for 3 days. it hurts y/n to see wonyoung in a condition like this.

"y/n...'' wonyoung whined.

"i'm going to cook you a soup. wait here'' y/n stand up and proceed to cook soup for wonyoung – she hasn't changed her clothes yet. how caring y/n is to her girlfriend wonyoung.

once she has done cooking the soup, she carries a tray filled with a glass of water, medicine, vegetable soup, and bread to their shared bedroom to feed wonyoung who haven't eaten yet.

y/n helped wonyoung to softly lie on the headboard with a pillow behind her back; she looks pale, exhausted, and gloomy.

"eat some, wonyoung. you haven't eaten for 4 hours. you didn't feel hungry?" y/n asked wonyoung, earning a nod from the latter with a small pout.

"open your mouth, love"

wonyoung obeyed. she forces herself to finish the soup and bread made by y/n; she was encouraged by y/n to finish the food. then, she took medicine and rest again.

y/n then proceed to take a shower. she closes her eyes and rests her head on the tab. slowly, she drifted to sleep.

in y/n's dream, she thought was lovely, she had a nightmare where she was caught up in a burning house trying to save her younger sister, hong eunchae. unfortunately, the cement of the house fell, and y/n managed to push her sister before being crushed.

which makes her wake up with a gasp, she stares at the ceiling before bursting into tears; in fact, y/n couldn't save her younger sister. her parents blame her for not saving her sister. thus, she was despised by them and kicked out of the house. after getting a job as a firefighter ( eunchae wants to see her grow up to be a brave firefighter. thus, she fulfills eunchae's wish despite the difficult time in the first week as a firefighter), she comes upon wonyoung who works as a barista. they grow close because they both have feelings for each other. over time, they started dating.

"i-i miss you, eunchae. unnie really miss you" y/n mumbles, wiping her tears and washing her face. "i-i'm sorry for not being able to protect you"