𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞-

This takes place before [ Chapter 25: Mei Mei Tantei Yohane ]

┏━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━┓

It was supposed to be a normal day...

Rowan was immediately greeted by Basil the moment he left his classroom...and he knew what Basil wanted from him. Basil was gonna use Rowan as a test subject for new designs.

"Oh Rowan~" Basil said his name in a sing-song voice as he let out a mischievous giggle. Rowan sighs, "It's time for that isn't it?"

Basil nodded excitedly. Rowan let out another sigh, "Fine..."

"Yes! Okay, so I'm thinking that..." As Basil rambled as the two walked together to the Hall of Mirrors. Even though the two half-siblings were walking together peacefully, Rowan couldn't help but be wary. After all, there was s̸͉̀o̶̩̅m̴̡̋e̷̜͝t̷̙̓h̶̦́i̴̺͌n̸͕͝ḡ̷̥ following Basil and only Rowan can see it. 

It also tends to make Basil a danger magnet. On more than one occasion, Basil jumped out the window to grab a falling piece of clothing and s̸͉̀o̶̩̅m̴̡̋e̷̜͝t̷̙̓h̶̦́i̴̺͌n̸͕͝ḡ̷̥ was always there. Rowan had to always save his ass so that he doesn't get himself killed.

Just as they were about to go down the stairs, Basil started moving on his own...he was about to fall.

'Shit! Shit! Shit!' On instict, Rowan pushes Basil out of the way, but due to Newton's Third Law of Motion, Rowan was the one who ended up falling and right behind Basil was s̸͉̀o̶̩̅m̴̡̋e̷̜͝t̷̙̓h̶̦́i̴̺͌n̸͕͝ḡ̷̥.

As Rowan landed on a bad spot, he yelled "This is all your fault!" to s̸͉̀o̶̩̅m̴̡̋e̷̜͝t̷̙̓h̶̦́i̴̺͌n̸͕͝ḡ̷̥. It looked like it was going to cry, and Rowan realized that...the expression s̸͉̀o̶̩̅m̴̡̋e̷̜͝t̷̙̓h̶̦́i̴̺͌n̸͕͝ḡ̷̥ made looked really familiar.

the expression s̸͉̀o̶̩̅m̴̡̋e̷̜͝t̷̙̓h̶̦́i̴̺͌n̸͕͝ḡ̷̥ made looked really familiar

He heard people whispering around him as he comes to his senses.

"Who are you talking to...?" Basil asked. "I-I....uh...it's nothing." Rowan tries to get up, but falls. "We should get you to the nurse!" Basil cried out in a panic. "It's fine! I'm fine..." Rowan was not fine, his foot hurts. But all that mattered was that Basil is safe...

┗━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━┛