Prompt 1: As she searched, her movements were frantic

As she searched, her movements were frantic. Suddenly, she stopped and realized she would be alone for the rest of her life. After all, there was nothing left for her. She had erased herself from the world as soon as she created the black pit she stood in. The fall was still vivid in her mind as she remembered the first step she had taken. The smell of rust still filled her mind now as she resumed her frantic searching. Her hands scratched at dirt, then stone. She could feel her fingertips burning, and her nails scraping. The pain being numbed by the voices in her mind. Speaking in tongues and controlling her movements. If only she knew that the voices were created on her own. They were her own mind, twisted by the actions of her past. The movement of a sharp blade against another soul. Her hands seemed to move of their own accord, and the rock became softer. More malleable. As she continued to excessively dig, the material against her hands began to feel wet and sticky. Eventually, she made a hole in the dark. The weapon was stored inside, and the dirt flew over to hide her sins. The blackness faded away, and she laughed... a strangled, yet joyful sound.

When the men arrived at the scene, they came upon an alley. The patch of grass next to the fence had been upturned, and it seemed someone had been chipping away at the stone fence in a rage. However, the setting was not what caught the officers attention, nor would it be the centerpiece of anyone's eyes. For lying before the fence was a sight to behold. A young girl lying with dirt on her body. As the officers neared her, the smell of rust filled the air. And only once the men were near enough to see the whites of the girl's eyes, did they notice the soil was not brown, but red. The officer on the left took a gloved hand and lightly dusted the dirt away, curious to see what was the cause of the girl's demise.

They had expected a wound, but what they found was life changing. For under the pile of res dirt, laid on the girl, was her own intestines, mangled and heaped. With a knife lodged straight in the middle of the gooey mess.