Prom- Flashback. Part 1.

My best friend had just finished zipping up my dress when my phone buzzed.

I'll be there in 5 minutes

"You look beautiful!" she squealed.

Butterflies erupted in my stomach. I wanted tonight to be special. This is the only chance I'd be able to go with him. Who knew where he would be at this time next year.

I clasped my diamond necklace around my neck and checked my makeup one last time. I grabbed my purse and left the bathroom just as I heard a car horn beep outside. I don't know why I was so nervous.

He comes around to my side to open the door for me. He smiles widely and kisses me on the lips.

"You look gorgeous babe", he says. "That dress is amazing."

My dress was the color of champagne and was mermaid style. It had silver sequins on the bodice in a geometric pattern that many people said reminded them of the Great Gatsby. He was wearing a simple black tux with an ivory vest and he had his hair gelled back. Even in something so simple , he took my breath away.

"Thank you baby", I said with a giggle. "You look very handsome yourself."

I warily sat in the car, minding my dress, and as I buckled my seatbelt he shut the door for me. He walked over to his side, got in the car, and we drove to his house. His mom had hired a family friend who was a photographer to take pictures of us tonight. I wanted something special to remember what would most likely be my only prom with him. I thought about that on the short drive over. Where will he be next year? Will he be close or somewhere far away? Will I be able to see him often?

I pushed those questions out of my mind and tried to smile, thinking about how lucky I was to have at least one prom with him.

We pulled up to his house and met his mom just inside the front door.

"Oh sweetie you look beautiful," she said, wrapping me in a big hug.

I thanked her and said hello to our photographer. We figured it was time to exchange corsages, so I took the boutonniere I had bought-a pink rose with white baby's breath- and tried to pin it on his tuxedo jacket.

"People make this look easier than it really is" I laughed, struggling to make the flower stay.

Our photographer laughed and gently took it from my hands and pinned it on.

Blake opened the plastic container that held my corsage and took it out. It was beautiful, a cluster of ivory roses. I held my hand out and he slid the corsage onto my wrist. Bringing my hand up to his lips, he pressed a soft kiss onto my skin.

~

We met in the field in his backyard for pictures. Blake had parked his car, an 88 bmw e30, in the field so we could use it as our prop. The car's name was Clam, and was my boyfriend's pride and joy. His best friend. I had become quite accustomed to Blake's love of cars, and even though I didn't like to admit it, I had started to become interested in them too.

We posed for a few pictures alone, and then some in front of the car. We even did the cliche "girl on the hood" pose. I was so grateful to be able to have these moments captured. This was a night I would want to remember for a long, long time.

~

We pulled up to the log cabin where prom was being held, and took a breathalyzer test before we walked in. The theme was 'Alice in Wonderland.' A huge wooden cutout was painted like the Cheshire Cat, welcoming us with its menacing grin. Streamers of all colors were hung from the ceiling. We checked in and got our table, which was marked by a huge playing card. Blake and I were sharing the 4 of Spades table with our friends.

He pulled the chair out for me and I sat down. Our party favors were a deck of cards with a silhouette of Alice on them. There was also a cookie next to each plate, the words "eat me" written in black icing. I knew it was a movie reference, but I couldn't resist.

I held up the cookie. "Blake!" I whispered.

He looked over and I moved my eyebrows up and down and winked. He laughed, a wonderful sound, and whispered in my ear.

"Looking forward to it tonight," he said, sending a thousand tingles down my neck and arms, stopping in the pit of my stomach.

~
The strobe lights were flashing and the music was blasting as we walked on the dance floor. I loved dancing. I had been a dancer for 12 years, whenever I heard a beat I couldn't help but tap my foot or bounce my hip. Blake was the opposite though. He didn't like the stuffiness of the crowd, and he wasn't much of a dancer.

"I"ll be over here babe, you go have fun."

"Are you sure?" I questioned. "I don't want to just leave you alone."

"I'm sure babe. I don't want you to miss out." He said.

"Alright..." I said. "But I'm coming to find you when the slow song comes on."

He nodded and kissed my lips softly. I watched him walk to the bar and order a drink before I turned and scanned the dance floor. I found my best friends boyfriend and went to join him. My best friend wasn't much of a dancer either. We moved to the music together for a few songs, talking and laughing. "Starships" by Nicki Minaj had just ended when "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran started to play. I squealed and made my way over to Blake who was looking around for me with a grin on his face. I took his hand and led him to the edge of the dance floor. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and I did the same with mine around his neck. We swayed back and forth slowly, smiling at eachother. I looked into his lovely green eyes. I thought about how much I loved him. This summer would be our three year anniversary.

"I love you Blake," I murmured, burying my head into his neck.

"I love you too Reyna."

-------------------

Hey guys. If you have checked out my story thankyou so much (: comment/vote if you liked it! <3

Xoxo
-Mikayla-