OS

Note: Kairav sends the Sharmas somewhere else instead of summer camp.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kairav paced about his room, frustrated hands running through his hair. Abhir was.....Abhimanyu's son?

No. No. Abhir was Abhinav's son. Dr. Birla had never learnt to stay in one place before. Fickle as the wind, shedding his responsibilities whenever he felt like.

Which is why he had put up a fuss when Aarohi decided to stay with the Birlas after Neil. He knew it was emotional hell she was signing up for with the Birlas.

Then he watched Rooh grow up from a distance. How Abhimanyu showed her the dreams of having a complete family. Of a loving father who would stand by her side no matter what. 

But of course, Dr. Birla ko haath thamna nahi aata, sirf chodna aata hain. He constantly left Roohi behind for Abhir. 

Kairav didn't realise at first, but after seeing Akshara and Abhinav tense up everytime they had to go to the hospital- everything fell into place.

At first he thought they were anxious about Abhir's health. But overhearing Akshara's conversation with Abhinav confirmed his worst fears.

Abhimanyu knew.

And because of Dr.Birla, three hearts were at stake.

Kairav fell on his bed, head in his hands. Aaru. His sweet little sister. 

Just how much more pain she has to go through. Kairav lifted his head, staring at the ceiling and uttered a name he hadn't since Akshu left. Hey bhagwan, kyu meri  dono beheno ke sukh chene rahe ho?

Wiping away a stray tear, Kairav opened his laptop. Over the years, he had promised his sisters to protect them through any storm or drought . They have been fighting alone their entire lives.

Not anymore. Kairav had a promise to fulfil.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kairav bhaiya, what is the need for this?" Akshara and Abhinav stared at the tickets in their hands, stunned. 

"Switzerland is the best option for you three now." Kairav said, ignoring Abhinav's attempt to return the  tickets. "My friend is has a renowned Pediatric Clinic there. And I sent him Abhir's reports, he has handled similar cases like this. Far more experienced that Dr. Birla who has done this surgery once before."

"But Bhai-ji..."

"Plus Switzerland's climate and low pollution rates is the best for heart patients like Abhir. It's safer and healthier than Udaipur." Kairav went on, not letting either of them get a word in between.

At the mention of Abhir's health, the two paused, considering it. Just a little more.

"And Switzerland has a lot of beautiful places for kids to visit. Abhir's mind will concentrate less on the surgery and more on the scenery around him. After everything the poor boy's been through in the past few days, he needs a break."